Bottas to Alfa, Russell to Mercedes confirmed..
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bottas to Alfa, Russell to Mercedes confirmed..

  1. #1

    Bottas to Alfa, Russell to Mercedes confirmed..

    And Pierre and Yuki get another year at Alpha Tauri!

    Rumours suggest Albon could get the seat at Williams, and F2 and FE champ Nyck de Vries might sign at Alfa Romeo.
    Intel i7-7770K Kaby Lake @4.2Ghz, Cooler Master 212 Evo, 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM, Asus ROG Strix Z270H motherboard, Asus RTX 2070 Turbo 8Gb, Cooler Master 700 Watt PSU, Windows 10 64-bit.

  2. #2
    That should put a downer on Russell's career!
    'Team Hamilton' will keep him on a tight leash.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

    Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

  3. #3
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    63
    Posts
    9,013
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    That should put a downer on Russell's career!
    'Team Hamilton' will keep him on a tight leash.
    Could be, but personally I think they will allow George Russell to race. Lewis Hamilton is at the end of his career and at the top already too long. therefore I expect Mercedes to bring him as the new fresh face who will make Mercedes fun again. Hamilton's contract ends at the end of next year and I don't expect neither Lewis nor Mercedes is very eager to extend it. And Mercedes for sure would like to have the reigning world champion in their 2024 team.

    I wonder whether Nyck de Vries really will have a seat with Alpha Romeo as Antonio Giovinazzi is doing a quite decent job. It could be part of the Mercedes engine deal as Mercedes will quit in Formula E and there could be something in Nyck de Vries's contract.

    Cheers,
    Huub

  4. #4
    Alex Albon and Nichloas Latifi confirmed by Williams as their 2022 line-up.
    Intel i7-7770K Kaby Lake @4.2Ghz, Cooler Master 212 Evo, 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM, Asus ROG Strix Z270H motherboard, Asus RTX 2070 Turbo 8Gb, Cooler Master 700 Watt PSU, Windows 10 64-bit.

  5. #5

    Icon2

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    That should put a downer on Russell's career!
    'Team Hamilton' will keep him on a tight leash.
    Hard to say.
    When was the last time modern F1 had the titanic team mate battles that Lewis and Rosberg had? (Or Lewis and Alonso had for that matter too!)

    Webber/Vettel? = Maybe
    Max/Ricciardio? = Nah
    Kimi/Vettel?= Nah


  6. #6
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    63
    Posts
    9,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Hard to say.
    When was the last time modern F1 had the titanic team mate battles that Lewis and Rosberg had? (Or Lewis and Alonso had for that matter too!)

    Webber/Vettel? = Maybe
    Max/Ricciardio? = Nah
    Kimi/Vettel?= Nah

    Max/Ricciardi = Yes definitely the first years

    and just a few which popped up immediately .....

    Carlos Sainz/Max Verstappen
    Checo Perez/Felipe Massa
    Charles Lecrec/Carlos Sainz
    Romain Grosjean/Kevin Magnussen
    and even
    Nikita Mazepin/ Mick Schumacher

    I think the clear distinction between a first and second driver is typically something for some top teams to ensure the title isn't lost due to two riders who loose the title like Nigel Mansell and Nelson Piquet managed to do in a very dominant car.....

    Cheers,
    Huub

  7. #7
    How about Prost v Senna and Prost v Lauda or are they too far back?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

    Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

  8. #8
    Senior Administrator huub vink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Noordwijk, The Netherlands (EHVB)
    Age
    63
    Posts
    9,013
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    How about Prost v Senna and Prost v Lauda or are they too far back?
    The question mentioned "modern F1" I guess what was meant was "before Bernie Ecclestone ruined the sport"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Max/Ricciardi = Yes definitely the first years

    and just a few which popped up immediately .....

    Carlos Sainz/Max Verstappen
    Checo Perez/Felipe Massa
    Charles Lecrec/Carlos Sainz
    Romain Grosjean/Kevin Magnussen
    and even
    Nikita Mazepin/ Mick Schumacher

    I think the clear distinction between a first and second driver is typically something for some top teams to ensure the title isn't lost due to two riders who loose the title like Nigel Mansell and Nelson Piquet managed to do in a very dominant car.....

    Cheers,
    Huub
    Good list here Huub - no real debate from me!
    Perhaps I should have said "on the top teams"


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    How about Prost v Senna and Prost v Lauda or are they too far back?
    Too far back - but epic indeed!!!

Members who have read this thread: 24

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •