I'm stuck

Thread: I'm stuck

I'm stuck

So I haven't been simming in a while and remembering why not. I have all my updates installed but now when I launch a flight, the blue bar goes all the way across to the right but nothing ever happens. I've tried running MSFS as normal and as administrator with the same results. I've also tried launching in a parking spot and on the runway. Nothing seems to work. What mess up have I missed and can it be fixed?

Thanks,
    LouP

If you have stuff in your 'community' folder you need to either remove it all or rename the folder - then open MSFS so it can generate a new 'community' folder that is empty.

If you have nothing in your 'community' folder you can try updating your 'content' folder in the MSFS GUI - the one under your 'hangar'...

If that has been done and you still cant load a free flight - try loading one of the challenges... since all the information in the challenges is default content it should prevent any conflicts.

I had the same problem as you are having after SU5 and after doing all of the above the only flight that would load and fly was a challenge. After that flight MSFS worked normally - but I had to keep the 'community' folder empty until all
    of the addons were updated - so after the 2nd MSFS hotfix patch.

I am assuming your MSFS is up to date?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

A bit more on making sure you're updated... From the home screen, either hit Alt+Enter to come out of full screen and check the number at the top left, or just click your gamertag at the top right - either method will give you the version #. As of today, it should be 1.18.15.0, but I believe tomorrow is supposed to be the next World Update, so the version # will change.

Of you bought your install from the MS Store, and you're not up to date (and do this tomorrow anyway), open the Store app and click the three-dot menu at the top right. Click on the "Downloads and updates" option, then "Get updates." Once the small update is done, launch the sim and the rest will download. Make sure it's going to the right place if you have it in a non-default folder.

I don't have Steam, so someone else can weigh in on updating there.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Further to Tom's recommendations...... and being just a few weeks ahead of you, Lou, also make sure that the MS Store itself is also updated to the latest version. (That was what was stopping my brandnew MSFS2020 Version 5 from further updating, and it took me 2 weeks to figure it out).
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Thanks Guys, Just trying these now.

LouP

Thanks guys got it working by using the suggestions here. Just the usual quirkiness now. Sometime I think that this sim is the best real world example of quantum mechanics. Things can be anywhere and everywhere at the same time and you never can be sure of what your gonna get. LOL

LouP

You ready for the good news? There's another World Update tomorrow, so you get to do this all over again.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

No update yet...... I am probably too early here in Italy
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

I think it's supposed to release at 1500Z.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0