Helicopters released by Desert Rat!

Thread: Helicopters released by Desert Rat!

Helicopters released by Desert Rat!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Helicopters

Description: FS2004/FS9 HILLER XH-44 HILLER COPTER
    =====================================

The XH-44 flew for the first time in July 1944. I was the first successful American
    co-axial helicopter, Steve Hiller was only 19 years old when he made that flight.
    It was also the world first successful all-metal rigid-rotor blades.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS9 HILLER XH-44
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Fs2002/2004 sikorsky vs-300a

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Helicopters

Description: FS2002/2004 SIKORSKY VS-300A
    ============================

As a tribute to one of the greatest pioneers in the history of aviation,
    Igor I Sikorsky, this model of the first true helicopter from 1939, with
    main and tail rotor configuration, has been released for FS2002 and FS2004.

Librarian Note: Part of the preservation of the long defunct Swedbird website.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2002/2004 SIKORSKY VS-300A

Fs2002/2004 kaman-1200 kmax

Description: FS2002/2004 KAMAN-1200 KMAX
    ===========================

Kaman's K-MAX "aerial truck", the first aircraft specifically designed for repetitive
    external lift applications, is proving highly reliable and cost-effective in a variety
    of operations around the world.

The design of the K-MAX is based on Kaman's unique intermeshing rotor technology with
    servo-flap control. The aircraft has counter-rotating main rotors and no tail rotor,
    which means all engine power goes directly to the main rotors for the highest lifting
    capacity of any rotor configuration. The aircraft's rugged construction allows it to
    fly repetitive, short operational cycles eight to ten hours per day.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2002/2004 KAMAN-1200 KMAX

Fs 2004 brantly b2

Description: FS 2004 BRANTLY B2
    ==================

The Brantly B-2 series helicopter recently celebrated its 40th anniversary (1959-1999) since the FAA granted it a type
    certificate.

Mr Newby O. Brantly, father of the B2, set out to design a low-cost helicopter that would be easy to learn and a smooth
    flyer. Even after 40 years, the Brantly design remains unsurpassed in the sheer flying pleasure it provides at an
    affordable cost.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS 2004 BRANTLY B2

Fs9 gyrodyne qh-50c

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Helicopters

Description: FS2004/FS9 GYRODYNE QH-50C
    ======================

Remote controlled coaxial helicopter from the end of 1950s. Used by the US Navy
    through out the 1960s.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS9 GYRODYNE QH-50C

Fs2004 filper beta 200

Description: FS2004 FILPER BETA 200
    ======================

In 1960 the American company "Filper Research" managed by William Orr built an unusual helicopter.
    It was equipped with "Gyro Flex" system of rotors. The novelty was in using special sinkers for
    rotors trimming supported at the base of the blades. This concept was first tested on a Filper
    Helicopter that had two pylons with rotors connected by a bar and the pilot sitting on top.
    The engine was also located there.

Filper Beta 200 flew on May 26, 1966. The company designers planned to build several modifications
    of this helicopter, both two-seat (Model 200A and 300) and four-seat (Model 400A and 600A).

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004 FILPER BETA 200

FS9 Innovation Technologies Mosquito

Description: FS2004/FS9 Innovation Technologies Mosquito
    ===========================================

An ultralight kit helicopter. This is an old design, or a learning project, never supposed to be released, brought back to my workshop just to finish it without putting too much effort into it. There are a few design errors. The real Mosquito donīt have wheels, except on modified individuals.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS9 Innovation Technologies Mosquito

Fs2004 cicare ch-7 angel

Description: FS2004 CICARE CH-7 ANGEL Updated version
    =========================

Kit built helicopter.

The, CH-7 Angel, was designed by Italian born Argentina citizen Augusto Cicare.
    The CH-7 angel is his seventh helicopter creation, hence the acronym CH-7, which
    stands for Cicare’s helicopter #7.

The CH-7 is a conventionally configured helicopter with a main and anti-torque
    tail rotor.

Cicare’s simplified rotor system with fewer parts. Main rotor moves through 12 degrees
    positive pitch at full up collective, down to 2 degrees negative for auto rotation.
    The clutch tensioning system is servo driven, an improved version of the R22 type.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004 CICARE CH-7 ANGEL

Fs 2004 bell 207 sioux scout

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Helicopters

Description: FS 2004 BELL 207 SIOUX SCOUT
    ============================

Bellīs proposal for an armed helicopter which would combine the desired combat potential with the desired
    flight performance. The Model 207 prototype (N73927) made its maiden flight on 27 June, 1963.
    Although a highly promising concept it had limited true combat capability. It was however a major step
    forward in the development of todays attack helicopter.

The remaining Bell 207 is stowed away in the US Army Aviation Musum in Ozark, Al, USA.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS 2004 BELL 207 SIOUX SCOUT

Fs2004/fs9 agusta a-106

Description: FS2004/FS9 AGUSTA A-106
    ========================

An italian built single seat anti submarine helicopter from the mid 1960-ies.
    Only a few helicopters were made. ID 5-01 and 5-02 are the prototype models
    from the Agusta company.

Little is known about the A-106. Only five images are available from the internet.
    All in poor quality. Nothing is known about the interior and cockpit.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FS9 AGUSTA A-106

Fs2004 santa copter

Description: FS2004 SANTA COPTER
    ===================

Santa Claus, with the help from Hovercontrol and itīs members has swapped their reindeers for
    a helicopter. This design is based upon the real santa Copter, although some of the features
    on the real one never could be incorporated in the FS model, such as flying faster than the
    sound, automatic invinsibilty when adults are within line of sight and much more.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004 SANTA COPTER

FS 2004 BELL 47J2 RANGER (updated version)

Description: FS 2004 BELL 47J2 RANGER (updated version)
    ========================

One of the very classical helicopters. There are so much to write about this helicopter that I probably wear out my
    fingers. Therefore I will give you a couple of links where you can read more about this wonderful bird. (NB. see readme)

Librarian Note 2: I have included all the repaints that were hosted and still available* on the Swedbird website

*using the internet archive wayback machine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS 2004 BELL 47J2 RANGER (updated version)

FS 2004 BELL 47J2 RANGER Float (updated version)

Description: FS 2004 BELL 47J2 RANGER Float(updated version)
    ========================

One of the very classical helicopters. There are so much to write about this helicopter that I probably wear out my
    fingers. Therefore I will give you a couple of links where you can read more about this wonderful bird.

Librarian Note 2: I have included all the repaints that were hosted and still available* on the Swedbird website

*using the internet archive wayback machine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS 2004 BELL 47J2 RANGER Float (updated version)

Not sure who put these here and stickied them, don't think it was me, lol.

There are now more than those above, Follow the yellow brick road

FS2004 SUD OUEST SO-1221 DJINN - version 2

Description: FS2004 SUD OUEST SO-1221 DJINN - version 2
    ===========================================

Version 2 of the Sud Ouest Djinn with sound updates. Includes startup, shutdown,
    low and high rotor blade pitch sound.

History:
    --------
    The Djinn was the world's first production helicopter to make use of the 'cold jet'
    principle of propulsion. The term 'cold jet' indicates simply that compressed air
    from the gas turbine engine is ducted through channels inside the rotor blades and
    expelled through nozzles at their tips
    The first of which made its maiden flight on 2 January 1953. In the Djinn, torque
    reaction was offset by a turbine jet deflector mounted at the tail, which could be
    rotated to act as a rudder as well

The Djinn was used in several countries and served as an agricultural helicopter
    and crop dusting.

Thanks to Motormouse for helping me find it.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004 SUD OUEST SO-1221 DJINN - version 2

Hi Jamie,
    Many thanks for taking the time to upload etc, some real gems there, and now saved.

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks Jamie for you quick response and hard labour!

Huub

My absolute pleasure, just hoping we can source the missing ones. I may have them on DVD, but I no longer have my blue ray drive fitted to check, since fitting my M.2 drive my 'puter throws fits. Seems like I have to many devices fitted. 1xm.2, 4xHDD, 1xBDR (now removed, when I fitted all my drives some would disappear, or my USB would, thinking I may have hit a bus limit or something, technically shouldn't have, but bu99er me if I can work it out). Possiblty a bottleneck, who knows!!

Plus, we need to keep Huub fueled with new things to paint don't we.

FS2004/FS9 BELL OH-58D KIOWA (pre-BETA)

Description: FS2004/FS9 BELL OH-58D KIOWA
    =============================

This is prebeta of the Bell OH-58D Kiowa. It is released although it
    is not finished completely. Since I donīt really know when it can be
    completed I rather release it as it is, than prolong the wait for it.

Designers note:
    ================================================== ===================
    Te exterior paint is not finish and lack some of the marking.
    The panel is not finished eitherīand some functions does not work.
    ================================================== ===================

Librarian Note: Part of the preservation of the long defunct Swedbird website. Thanks again to Motormouse for supplying.
    Librarian Note 2: THIS IS A PRE BETA, supplied as is. Do not expect any support from the included e-mail.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004/FS9 BELL OH-58D KIOWA (pre-BETA)

Thanks DR!

I thought I had all of Lasse's helicopters but I found that I'd missed a couple.

It's good to preserve these models and keep them available.

Members who have read this thread: 4