UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.VA Package
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.VA Package

Icon25 UPLOADED: Spitfire Mk.VA Package

The new Spitfire Mk.V is on it's way to the admins now. In order to keep file sizes at least kind of reasonable, the full collection will be released in several packages. The first of these contains the shared files and the Spitfire Mk.VA. Nearly 14% of the entire production run of the Mk.VA is represented here. Of only 94 Spitfire Mk.VAs produced, you'll get 13 of them. These aircraft cover the Mk.VA through its entire (though brief) front line service career.

Here's the download link - should be active soon:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tfire_mkva.zip

Those of you who need a little more firepower can be looking forward to multiple Spitfire Mk.VB packages in the near future, but since this one has the shared files, make sure you download it, you'll need it. Steve and John have really outdone themselves with these aircraft, and there will be lots to explore. Over 60 aircraft are planned in all.

The Real Systems Module included with the aircraft has all of the new features introduced with the Spitfire Mk.II release as well as a number of new features. The major improvements include:

-Completely overhauled wind sound effects for the cockpit and airframe.

-Cockpit shake effect influenced by such things as stalls, engine operation, engine damage, and gunfire.

-More realistic gun jams, which can now throw off your aim due to asymmetric recoil if only one cannon jams.

-More realistic engine damage effects.

-Improved fuel consumption accuracy.

If you have the Spitfire Mk.II installed, it will continue to function as before.

Make sure to read the installation instructions carefully. It will likely save you a lot of frustration.

If you're going to use the Real Systems Module, you must have the latest version of Ankor's shaders installed:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4_dec_2019.zip

Also, make sure to familiarize yourself with the pilot manuals. Some of the systems are different from the Spitfire Mk.II, and will surprise you in unpleasant ways unless you read the Mk.V manuals.

Happy flying everyone!

************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************

The following people are responsible for the package:

External CFS3 model original by Josh Zyax (Spitfire mk5) then converted and upgraded to MkVA by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

CFS3 VC originally by Pat Didier then upgraded by Clive (Pat Pattle) Moorely then converted to later marks and upgraded by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

All Textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.

Mos File by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. (includes new oil stains, revised bullet holes and blood splatter)

XDP compilation, historical content, plane set construction by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.

Help files by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.
    front page History of the Spitfire’s Design and Development
    (By Trevor Dean, with information courtesy of Military Magazines UK and the Solent Sky Museum Southampton)

Flight Model based on AvHistory V4.00.164 Spitfire MK XIVc modified to Spitfire Mk.V specification by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Effects (weapons, and damage) by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. This set has blood splatter and bullet holes for virtual cockpit views and introduces progressive oil leaks over the windscreen and fuselage as damage increases. new weapons to replicate system failures.

Externally run Module files for clickable cockpit and additional game animations by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz and Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt. Includes revised TrakIR compatability which enables full 6 degrees of motion range (adds in head tilting in addition to rotation and elevation).

Weapons and pylons by AvHistory, Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt, Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson, Daniel (Gecko) Holtz, with new textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.
    Revised sounds for 20mm Hispano MkII and .303 mg's for standalone weapons for spitfire MkV model set.

New Engine sounds by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. Some high-speed propeller sounds by Nigel Richards and used by permission. This set introduces various sounds for compressors and superchargers as well as low rpm rough running sounds.

Guy "fox" Greenburg made the dr_ prefixed effect textures. (Most will have these already from MAW and ETO and RS etc but they have been included for completeness.)

Testing: Brav0/4, Gecko, Capt. Winters, Sdsbolt.

Special Thanks to Ankor for his updates to his DX9 Shaders which support many of the special features included in this package.

Freeware items not to be loaded onto any web site without the written permission of Steve Seybolt.

Use at your own risk.

And while you wait for the download to go live, you can take care of a little light reading so you're ready to fly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spitfire Mk.V Pilot's Notes.pdf   Spitfire Mk.V Operational Notes.pdf  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait till they are ready to download ! Excited ! Thanks Guys ! Regards,Scott

HURRAY!!

(Unfortunately I have to wait until mid-weekend to hop into the cockpit and try out all the new goodies)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

CFS3 Spitfire Mk.VA

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 3 British Aircraft

Description: Spitfire Mk.VA Aircraft Set

This package contains a total of 13 Spitfire Mk.VAs. It also contains shared files necessary for the Spitfire Mk.VB packages.

The Spitfire Mk.V was intended to be a stop-gap aircraft produced to meet the ever-increasing demand for improved high altitude performance while a more extensively improved Spitfire was developed. It was planned to produce the Mk.V in two variants, the Spitfire Mk.VA, armed with eight .303 cal machine guns, and the Spitfire Mk.VB, armed with two 20mm cannons and four .303 cal machine guns. The heavier armament of the Mk.VB proved to be far more popular with frontline units, and only 94 Spitfire Mk.VAs were produced before production switched entirely to the Spitfire Mk.VB, and later, the Spitfire Mk.VC. The Mk.VAs were thrown into action during the spring and summer of 1941, meeting the Luftwaffe over northern France in the opening phases of the circus offensive. Units operating the Spitfire Mk.VA usually only equipped one flight with the aircraft, with the Mk.VB equipping the other flight. As more Mk.VBs became available, the Mk.VAs were sent to units in quieter sectors. One notable exception was the famed legless ace Douglas Bader, who continued to insist on flying his Mk.VA even after the rest of his wing had converted to the Mk.VB, until he was shot down and captured in August of 1941. The surviving Mk.VAs finished out their frontline careers serving in less active areas until the spring of 1942, before filtering into training and maintenance units. The Spitfire Mk.VAs included in this package span the roughly one-year frontline service career of this variant.

The package also includes the CFS3 Real Systems Module, introduced with the release of the Spitfire Mk.II. The Real Systems Module allows highly detailed modeling of aircraft systems and cockpit controls for a much more realistic flying experience. New features aircraft systems added by the module include:

-Fully clickable cockpit!

-Fully functional Mk.II Reflector Gunsight with all controls modeled.

-Working radiator shutter with realistic effect upon engine temperatures - including engine failures due to overheating.

-Compressed air emergency undercarriage deployment system.

-More realistic gun and cannon operation, including a gun safety switch, gun jams, and freezing (pilot must use radiator to supply adequate heat to the guns).

-Realistic British-style pneumatic brake system.

-Realistic engine starting procedure.

-Two-position mixture control.

-Detailed fuel system management.

-Fully modeled pneumatic system which releases pressure with system operation, recharges pressure by an engine driven pump, can be damaged, and causes system failures when pressure gets too low either through use or damage.

-Pilot controlled lighting, including landing lights, navigation lights, and cockpit lighting.

-Realistic bailout procedure (must open canopy first, canopy will not open at high airspeeds, pilot cannot exit the aircraft while experiencing high g-forces or if badly wounded).

-Detailed animations of cockpit controls including numerous new sound effects.

-Support for TrackIR head-tilt for ALL CFS3 aircraft when using the Real Systems Module.

-Many other new features.

-Detailed manuals and checklists to aid you in learning to fly the Spitfire.

The Real Systems module requires that you install the latest (2019 or later) release of Ankors Shaders before installing this package, as the new features of the Real Systems Module, as well as many visual enhancements are only active if the shaders are installed.

Link to December 2019 Release of Ankor's Shaders:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4_dec_2019.zip

***The following people are responsible for the package***

External CFS3 model original by Josh Zyax (Spitfire mk5) then converted and upgraded to MkII by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

CFS3 VC originally by Pat Didier then upgraded by Clive (Pat Pattle) Moorely then converted to later marks and upgraded by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt.

All Textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.

Mos File by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. (includes new oil stains, revised bullet holes and blood splatter)

XDP compilation, historical content, plane set construction by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.

Help files by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.

Front page History of the Spitfire’s Design and Development. (By Trevor Dean, with information courtesy of Military Magazines UK and the Solent Sky Museum Southampton)

Flight Model based on AvHistory V4.00.164 Spitfire MK XIVc modified to Spitfire Mk.II specification by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Effects (weapons, and damage) by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. This set has blood splatter and bullet holes for virtual cockpit views and introduces progressive oil leaks over the windscreen and fuselage as damage increases. new weapons to replicate system failures.

Externally run Module files for clickable cockpit and additional game animations by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz and Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt. Includes revised TrakIR compatability which enables full 6 degrees of motion range (adds in head tilting in addition to rotation and elevation).

Weapons and pylons by AvHistory, Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt, Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson, Daniel (Gecko) Holtz, with new textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.

Revised sounds for 20mm Hispano MkII and .303 mg's for standalone weapons for spitfire MkII model set.

New Engine sounds by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. Some high-speed propeller sounds by Nigel Richards and used by permission. This set introduces various sounds for compressors and superchargers as well as low rpm rough running sounds.

Guy "fox" Greenburg made the dr_ prefixed effect textures. (Most will have these already from MAW and ETO and RS etc but they have been included for completeness.)

Testing: Brav0/4, Gecko, Capt. Winters, Sdsbolt.

Special Thanks to Ankor for his updates to his DX9 Shaders which support many of the special features included in this package.

Freeware items not to be loaded onto any web site without the written permission of Steve Seybolt.

Use at your own risk.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS3 Spitfire Mk.VA
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

wow, thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Blog Entries
    Got 'em and they are Fantastic ! Thank you all so much ! Regards,Scott ... painless install also !

Just to confirm. The TextureMagic.ini lines are the same as those of the Spit II?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Not quite, the [CockpitSpriteBg] section has these additional lines that must be added even if you already have the other lines from installing the Mk.II:

spit5c_oil_splatterC01A.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterC01B.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterL01A.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterL01B.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterR01A.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterR01B.dds

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up gecko ! Just added lines. Thank you Sir ! Regards,Scott

Outstanding work gents well done

Thanking You

Mick

Blog Entries
    Deadly against the Bf-109F's ! Gotta get close for a good shot without tracers or have unlimited ammo ! Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Not quite, the [CockpitSpriteBg] section has these additional lines that must be added even if you already have the other lines from installing the Mk.II:

spit5c_oil_splatterC01A.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterC01B.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterL01A.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterL01B.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterR01A.dds
    spit5c_oil_splatterR01B.dds
    Thanks Dan I adde4 just those lines.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    Got the word out on the CFS3 facebook group page. A great addition to CFS3 ! Regards,Scott

Impressive list of features you have programmed Dan. Hope everyone is enjoying what you have done

Unfortunately I am having the same trouble as with installing the Mk.II: the Real Systems Module does not work on my PC... I can start CFS3 using the module; its splash screen shows and proceeds to the Era switcher which launches the sim. The stock animations in the clickable cockpit work but the extra commands do not.

At first it was just the Mk.V with the Mk.II still fully clickable but later on (after adding and uninstalling various addons through JGSME), I lost the ability completely. In the end I reinstalled ETO entirely. At first the Microsoft Smart Screen showed when I started the RSM, so I whitelisted individual files and later on the complete ETO folder in my virus scanner, eventually turning it off competely but it seems my PC does not like this sort of scripts. Is there anything else I can do?

Hmm. Can you post a screenshot of your task manager processes during a flight?

Hmm, seems a bit difficult: I can start CFS3 and Task Manager but I cannot have the two windows side by side on my monitor. However, I can start a flight in CFS3 and then switch to the desktop to maximize the Task Manager window. After that, I cannot go back to CFS3 because it's frozen and I have to close the sim.
    Anyway, I thought you were interested in which RSM modules are running. This I could see:

- CFS3 Real Systems Module (32-bits)
    - Systems_Hotkey.exe (32-bits)
    - Systems_Main.exe (32-bits)
    - Systems_TIR.exe (32-bits)

I could not find any other related processes running, so apparently it stops there. If I should be looking for something else, please let me know.

It may help to try running it using "CFS3 Real Systems Module WindowView.exe", and you may be able to see the different processes open and close live, which might be informative.

What processes are there when you are in the main menu, with one of the Spitfires selected? In both cases, processes starting with SpitMkV and/or SpitMkII should be present.

Also, just checking, but you do have the cutscene with the pilot running behind the UI, right?

@1: I assume that the WindowView version of the .exe should start CFS3 in a window, like when adding the -window command to the stock shortcut? That does not happen; CFS3 starts full screen when clicking that .exe.

@2: On a previous session I had the Mk.II selected. Quickly switching to the Task Manager with Windows key + D key showed not only the processes running I reported earlier but also the Mk.II Initializer. Of course, going back to CFS3 I find the screen frozen, so I cannot see what happens next. If I start new session and let CFS3 run its course (without switching to the taskmanager, so I can't see which processes are running), the external animations do not show...

@3: Yes the guy is strolling and waiting for me to start a flight.

I suppose the most useful thing would be to get the WindowView.exe to work so we can see what happens after the Initializer?

I notice that both headrest options (black, and brown) were given the same name spit_mkV_vc1_t.dds. Since CFS3 will find the desired file by name anywhere in the folder structure this leads to a potential conflict. As it stands it seems to always find the black version over the brown. Were particular historical aircraft supposed to be assigned one or the other interiors, or doesn't it matter?

p.s.
    The same issue applies to the various other color option folders with no variations being seen in game.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; September 6th, 2021 at 09:26.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The set up is intentional, just to provide some randomization of certain details. Not sure why it always chooses one over the other, but in theory you should see both. Of course if you'd rather assign a renamed texture to a specific aircraft that's pretty easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    @1: I assume that the WindowView version of the .exe should start CFS3 in a window, like when adding the -window command to the stock shortcut? That does not happen; CFS3 starts full screen when clicking that .exe.

@2: On a previous session I had the Mk.II selected. Quickly switching to the Task Manager with Windows key + D key showed not only the processes running I reported earlier but also the Mk.II Initializer. Of course, going back to CFS3 I find the screen frozen, so I cannot see what happens next. If I start new session and let CFS3 run its course (without switching to the taskmanager, so I can't see which processes are running), the external animations do not show...

@3: Yes the guy is strolling and waiting for me to start a flight.

I suppose the most useful thing would be to get the WindowView.exe to work so we can see what happens after the Initializer?
    1 - Yes, that's exactly how it works. Just added -window to the exe call in the code. Strange it isn't behaving like that for you. Can you open CFS3 in windowed mode via the shortcut?

2 - It is good that you are seeing the Mk.II initializer script. If it is working, that script should trigger certain animations in the UI like opening the cockpit door. It should also detect when you enter a mission and will launch the Spitfire Mk.II code (multiple processes in the task manager) as soon as the mission starts. Is the CFS3 completely frozen, or just the UI buttons don't work? And of course the Mk.V works the same way using different code.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    1 - Yes, that's exactly how it works. Just added -window to the exe call in the code. Strange it isn't behaving like that for you. Can you open CFS3 in windowed mode via the shortcut?

2 - It is good that you are seeing the Mk.II initializer script. If it is working, that script should trigger certain animations in the UI like opening the cockpit door. It should also detect when you enter a mission and will launch the Spitfire Mk.II code (multiple processes in the task manager) as soon as the mission starts. Is the CFS3 completely frozen, or just the UI buttons don't work? And of course the Mk.V works the same way using different code.
    @1: Yes, I can start CFS3 using the normal -window desktop shortcut (and it runs in a window)

@2: With CFS3 running full-screen I cannot switch between the sim and other programs. The screen is frozen after returning to CFS3 (it could be that processes are running the background, but the screen is frozen). This does not happen when I run it in windowed mode. So, getting CFS3 to run in windowed mode with the RSM seems the best starting point because I then can observe the Task Manager as well.

1 - I don't know why it won't work for you then, since it is using the exact same mechanism as the shortcut to do it. I did double check that the exe from the download does indeed run CFS3 in windowed mode, and it works correctly for me. Maybe run as admin? On second thought, that is probably how both should be run anyways. Might clear up potential issues.

2 - Does the screen freeze like that when running either RSM exe or just the windowed view one?

There is a value for windowed mode included in AnKor's d3d8.ini, so the -window exe flag is not always needed. (I wonder if having it set both ways at the same time might lead to a conflict?)

; Set to 1 to convert any fullscreen mode selected in cfs3config into windowed mode.
    ; If resolution is less than desktop res it will appear as a normal window, if matches - borderless.
    ; Many modern games use 'borderless fullscreen' which is actually a windowed mode.
    ; Note that this mode yet doesn't support antialiasing (multisampling).
    WindowedMode=1

I went to borderless windows a few years ago when I realized that my color calibration wasn't working in the game's fullscreen mode.

I have antialiasing working in this mode using Nvidia Profile Inspector since I've never bothered with the in-game AA anyway.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0