DC Designs F-14 A/B Tomcat is OUT - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DC Designs F-14 A/B Tomcat is OUT

Hello,

Thank you

Yes, Today

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

If anyone hasn't bought the Tomcat yet it's in the JustFlight sale
    https://www.justflight.com/product/d...ight-simulator

I bought it in the sale, still need to actually read the manual to figure out some stuff. Also I'm not sure how well it reacts to the SU-10 Beta I have installed.

I can more or less trap it on the Jayshrike carriers and on the Top Gun carriers (included in the F/A-18 Warrior mod). Had no luck using the catapults though. With the F/A-18 (Warrior and default), the Launch bar key set in the menu works to set it up. For the F-14, the key combo I assigned seems to do nothing. Also with the Top Gun carriers the crew doesn't react to the F-14. Would be cool to get these features at some point as well. Anyone had more luck with the catapults?
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Anyone had more luck with the catapults?
    The catapults work fine for me on the Jayshrike carriers, as long as I follow the JS instructions to the letter. Traps work well too.

I am waiting for Asobo to catch up and bring out the moving carriers officially, as they will probably do something different to the freeware mods out there, and much as I like the Warrior mod stuff it's a lot of work each time to keep updating these airplanes ( and Xbox users can't access the moving carriers yet anyway ). I'd rather do it once with proper game-compatible code when the time comes.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    The catapults work fine for me on the Jayshrike carriers, as long as I follow the JS instructions to the letter. Traps work well too.

I am waiting for Asobo to catch up and bring out the moving carriers officially, as they will probably do something different to the freeware mods out there, and much as I like the Warrior mod stuff it's a lot of work each time to keep updating these airplanes ( and Xbox users can't access the moving carriers yet anyway ). I'd rather do it once with proper game-compatible code when the time comes.
    Totally understand that, actually I also didn't expect the Tomcat to work with the Top Gun Carriers as the carriers are designed with the warrior in mind I guess. I'll take a look at the instructions from Jayshrike again, maybe I did something wrong on my end.

Do you believe Asabo will implement the carriers for free flight? That thought never really crossed my mind, I was surprised to see them include it with the Top Gun stuff at all. After all carriers are pretty obviously military equipment (well, the F/A-18 as well).

Anyway, thanks for the quick response!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Hi, want to get rid of those fuel tanks under engine nacelles. Please advise...thanks

Hi BF,

I think that can be done in the weight/fuel section of the plane before starting the flight.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi BF,

I think that can be done in the weight/fuel section of the plane before starting the flight.

Cheers,

Priller
    Hi, tried that before. You may change weights and weapons carried, but unable to remove those fuel tanks...odd...
    thanks

Checked the manual, nothing in there about removing the external tanks.

EDIT: you could try commenting them out in the flight_model.cfg file?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I just tried on my system, and removing the fuel from the external tanks makes them disappear.

Have you checked if there's fuel appearing in the tanks after you load the flight? I've had a few instances (on various airplanes) where MSFS will add fuel to a tank I emptied on the preflight menu, but removing the fuel from the in-flight menu makes them go away when that happens.

Also, check if you've got the latest version, since an MSFS update may have broken something with that working on an older version of the plane.

Thank you all...checked manual before as well, found nothing and that´s why asked for help. Fuel at zero all tanks and still there although I´ve seen photos in MSFS of planes missing them...no worries...
    cheers

Isn't there also some difference between the A and the B variants, like the tanks could only be removed on the A because it made no sense to remove them on the B variant ? I though I had read something like that in some discussion, but I may be confusing with another aircraft...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Isn't there also some difference between the A and the B variants, like the tanks could only be removed on the A because it made no sense to remove them on the B variant ? I though I had read something like that in some discussion, but I may be confusing with another aircraft...
    Thanks Daube. Think I tried only with B...will try A when home again...

If you're not able to figure out a solution, there's a post on the MSFS forums where the developer and FM guru are usually extremely helpful in getting issues resolved.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...on/373151/2141

Members who have read this thread: 1