Are you in Ultra?

Thread: Are you in Ultra?

Are you in Ultra?

After hot fix 1 and 2 (finally), I noticed my buildings had no detail in Ultra mode. This solved the problem. OMG!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLP03CVXWbwOverbright clouds and objects still not fixed. Time for a leadership change at Asobo. I Boycot all payware purchases until they get this thing fixed.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Have you been to the official forum? This is a known issue and the bug has been logged with the developers. Unlike the days of FSX, the developers don't frequent this forum. They do frequent the official forum. My suggestion is to register at the official forum and then place your vote on this thread:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...nce-su5/432211
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Have you been to the official forum? This is a known issue and the bug has been logged with the developers. Unlike the days of FSX, the developers don't frequent this forum. They do frequent the official forum. My suggestion is to register at the official forum and then place your vote on this thread:https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...nce-su5/432211
    yes, yes, and... yes. But user's do frequent this forum and are often uninformed. The video was not on the official forum when I looked. As for developers, there seem to be several that do frequent this forum, promotiing their payware aircraft offerings. They seem to be just as frustrated with MS as many of us are.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

In my experience, most of the users here are a bit more experienced. New users looking for a forum to join will be pointed to the official board by the in-sim links. There may be users here that are new to MSFS, but not to flight sims in general. I think the vast majority of us are veteran PC fliers. As for developers, there are relatively few coming around anymore. I can only think of three right off the top of my head. Even Bill Ortis from Lionheart hasn't been around in years.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries
    In my experience, most of the users here are a bit more experienced. New users looking for a forum to join will be pointed to the official board by the in-sim links. There may be users here that are new to MSFS, but not to flight sims in general. I think the vast majority of us are veteran PC fliers. As for developers, there are relatively few coming around anymore. I can only think of three right off the top of my head. Even Bill Ortis from Lionheart hasn't been around in years.
    I miss Bill. I will sometimes buy one of his aircraft just because I respect him.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I've stayed in touch with him on FB for a few years now.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

As for developers, there are relatively few coming around anymore. I can only think of three right off the top of my head. Even Bill Ortis from Lionheart hasn't been around in years.
    After some of the comments I saw directed towards Dean and his work on the Stearman, I can't imagine why...

I haven't "known" Dean or Bill personally, so I only rely on what I saw from them on the forums.
    Dean has indeed received a lot of criticism regarding the modeling of his Steaman.
    The fact is that his Stearman had indeed some important modeling issues which were pointed out by the community, sometimes in a harsh way.
    The reaction of Dean was perfect: he acknowledged the issues and he proceeded to solve them with several updates.
    Same went with his F-15, where he even got involved into the freeware mod that was made to improve his original model (flight model and gauges if I'm not mistaken).
    Dean is staying close to the community. Maybe he's not involved so much in SOH, but he is definitely active on the official forums.

Last time I saw Bill on this forum was when he released, or was about to release his Learjet 24.
    He also received a lot of criticism regarding the 3D modeling of that plane. As far as I remember, it was essentially about the front windows which were obviously out of proportions. This was easy to see by comparing with pictures of the real plane. However, and again just from what I remember, Bill's reaction was the total opposite of Dean: he refused to recognize the problem or to make any modification, and that ended up with him leaving the forum.
    Maybe my remembrance of these events is not accurate or I didn't interpret the fact correctly, but it's just the feeling I got from these events at that time.

Members who have read this thread: 0