Airbase off the grid

Thread: Airbase off the grid

Airbase off the grid

I wanted to have RAF Drem in Scotland, so off the mapped area. The airfield does show up in the mb but in QC when starting, I briefly see the airbase layout, etc., but it disappears in a flash to leave nondescript scenery. Ideas??
    Also the aircraft doesn't move over the scenery even though the Lat/Lon figures are ticking by.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Well, if it's off the map, it's off the map. I'm surprised CFS3 would even let you do that much. The idea would be to build a new map. I've always thought a map going from Brittany north to get at least most of Scotland (all the way to Scapa if possible) would have been a better setting than what they chose with the stock map.

Irritating, as the same for RAF Acklington in Northumberland. I will investigate! So I made a quick mission from in the are to land at Acklington. I was stopped and told to turn around after a few miles. I then did it at warp speed and spoofed CFS3 to get me there but then it jerked me back to the border!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Christopher C you have found the edge of the world!
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Members who have read this thread: 0