... meanwhile, down on the ground .......

Thread: ... meanwhile, down on the ground .......

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

... meanwhile, down on the ground .......

While Bomber_12th gives us great screenshots above Minnesota, down on the ground other things are happening that us men like : Planes, Trains, Automobiles ......

I'm always amazed at the variety of MOW equipment used on railroads. Thanks for sharing this video.

Brian

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    My father would have been interested in that rig. He was MOW help during the Depression on the CMStP&P - Chicago, Milwaukee, St Paul & Pacific - otherwise known as "The Milwaukee Road."

During my own days w/Chessie System I can recall a J-33 or J-47 jet engine installed on a flatcar, and set in ground idle, that was used in winter to melt ice and snow binding up switch points around the Michigan Division.

I'm fascinated with just about anything that is mechanical. That's an incredibly wide right of way that they ballasted, I presume the width is necessitated by the need for snow plowing in the winter. Railroads around here (central Virginia) do not ballast to such widths.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    During my own days w/Chessie System I can recall a J-33 or J-47 jet engine installed on a flatcar, and set in ground idle, that was used in winter to melt ice and snow binding up switch points around the Michigan Division.

The more modern, slightly higher-tech version

Ear protection mandatory...

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0