Cessna 140 by Aeroplane Heaven released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cessna 140 by Aeroplane Heaven released

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    HotFix V1.2 is now available and on its way up to vendor sites.

We inadvertently left out a few items from the recent Upgrade V1.1
    Sorry everyone.

The issues fixed include:

1) Corrected thumbnail for Yellow/Brown livery for the float version.

2) Missing "Direct-to" button added to GNS430
    3) A small round shadow removed from panel backer
    4) Rain effect entering cabin fixed
    5) Mixture lever animation reversed
    6) VSI re-coded to give correct reading
    7) Further modifications to electrical systems

8) Wheel-switcher re-installed for SPATS,NO-SPATS and BUSHWHEEL selection from the cockpit.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Thanks Baz for the update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (414).png 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	83586
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (411).png 
Views:	15 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	83587
    little niggle with the nav and beacon though

There is a wee problem with "trailing" nav and beacon lights in the C140 wheeled version. Please navigate to your float version airlplane folder and copy the "systems.cfg" file. Paste the copied file into your wheeled version airplane folder and allow overwrites. This will fix the position of the lights. Apologies but it looks like the data did not update in the C140 wheeled version in the latest output. Apologies.

For those experiencing power-loss, we have given her a little more oomph.

engines.zip

Please drop this file into your 140 and 140-floats airplane folders and allow overwrites. Thanks. More upgrades will follow as we get more improvements on the sim, like water-rudders, water interaction etc.

Hi Bazzar -

Thank you for the v1.2 update, I have it installed and have changed the two .cfg files according to your posts above.
    I have only flown the wheeled C140 as I wanted to see if the wheel variants could be changed via click spot - yes - thank you.
    The prop spin animation seems fixed as well, working just fine with the 'uprated' engine.
    Still no way to adjust the radio volume but that's relatively minor.
    I do have a burned out tail light however. All nav lights, landing and taxi lights as well as the interior panel spot lights are working, but the light in the rudder is dark.
    Is there a quick fix for that?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'll take a look but the taillight is on the same circuit as the Nav lights so it should function OK. No problem here.

It's worth remembering that the sim doesn't render lights very well and you need to provide several different angled ones for a light to show properly. Are you sure it is not just the angle? We have provided 90,-90 and a 180 degree taillight.

I'll take a look but the taillight is on the same circuit as the Nav lights so it should function OK. No problem here.

It's worth remembering that the sim doesn't render lights very well and you need to provide several different angled ones for a light to show properly. Are you sure it is not just the angle? We have provided 90,-90 and a 180 degree taillight.
    this was in the wheeled version but I had already swapped the .cfg file with the float model
    to get the nav lights into position. Possible it was good on the wheeled version before I swapped them?
    I swung the camera around the airplane 360deg and had no tail light.
    I can post a video if needed - and here it is (still processing but clear enough to see the lights that work)
    https://youtu.be/K_sKPlDjMqw
    enter..the Sandman

We think we have found the issue. Working on it.

I hope we see some modeling improvements to the panel around the gauges. Doesn't look so great compared to the rest of the interior unfortunately.

https://imgur.com/ShaVaB0

We can take a look. Polys are at a premium level in this one. If you are referring to the geometric edges in the countersinks, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    I hope we see some modeling improvements to the panel around the gauges. Doesn't look so great compared to the rest of the interior unfortunately.

..are you being funny? The 3D modeling inside and out is in the top tier of what is currently available in MSFS to my eye..
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post

Seriously? Good lord, people.

I am reminded of an old William Shatner SNL appearance...

c'mon man - where's the pullout ashtray to go with that cigar lighter?!! I paid $2.50 for this product ! Robbers! Thieves!
    enter..the Sandman

Are you all seriously suggesting that the screenshot I posted looks good? It looks like shoddy shading or something. Either way, I have eyeballs. I'm not saying it's a dealbreaker. I bought the addon day one, I'm just pointing out an obvious spot where the model doesn't look as great as the rest of the model. Y'all are something else.

We can take a look. Polys are at a premium level in this one. If you are referring to the geometric edges in the countersinks, that is.
    Yep that was what I was referring to, thanks Bazzar. Rest of the model is superb. This just stands out to me.

AP what am I missing

I cannot get the AP to engage. I setup a flight plan and have a magenta line on GPS. Airborne and on course manually and NAV, HDG, nor ALT do anything. I see no AP switch either.
    Manual is no help. Looking at S-Tec55 manual on line and the one modeled doesn't work like that.
    Since nobody here is talking about it, I assume it's just me not knowing something that everybody else does.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

What's odd is the same area doesn't seem to have the visual problem in P3D. I'm sure the model hasn't changed so it could very well be a different angle making the difference but I'm wondering if it's a difference between the P3D and MSFS lighting/shading.

https://imgur.com/a/L36upBd

No, the model is substantially different. It has to be. There is a new update going up with some further work in this area. Hopefully it should show an improvement for you.

No, the model is substantially different. It has to be. There is a new update going up with some further work in this area. Hopefully it should show an improvement for you.
    Ah, good to know, and thank you! This is definitely minor compared to some of the systems issues you all have been working on so I appreciate it getting any attention.

Upgrade V1.2.1

There is now a new upgrade available, V1.2.1

Several items including:

Electrics fixed
    Tail light fixed
    Panel Modeling adjusted
    Engine power adjusted for better climb

Thanks to everybody who provided reports.

On Flightsim to is a mod for sound from interior, I didnt test it yet, here is a link:

Tired of the super loud, interior engine/propellor sound of the Cessna 140? This mod might be for you...
    https://flightsim.to/file/17507/cess...r-engine-noise .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    On Flightsim to is a mod for sound from interior, I didnt test it yet, here is a link:

https://flightsim.to/file/17507/cess...r-engine-noise .
    interesting - I just turn off my subwoofer / bass boost while flying it and all is well - it doesn't help with the radio volume but if someone has a fix for that I'm 'all ears'...
    enter..the Sandman

The shading looks much improved on the panel now, but there are now some even stranger artifacts (highlighted in red) https://imgur.com/nmVkpgg

I have also noticed the problem shown above WRT to the lower edge of the aluminum center gauge section - large black gaps along the bottom.

Also - V1.2.1 still needs a tail light bulb..
    enter..the Sandman

I'll check it all out again. I'n beginning to think this one's jinxed...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'll check it all out again. I'n beginning to think this one's jinxed...
    Update with a Gremlin Eh, lolol. Now that is my kinda of Payware AC and I get an aircraft with character and attitude.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0