P3DV5.2 HOTFIX or UPDATE released 01/07/2021

Thread: P3DV5.2 HOTFIX or UPDATE released 01/07/2021

P3DV5.2 HOTFIX or UPDATE released 01/07/2021

LM have released an updated V5.2 (Or Hotfix). It is the whole package (23 GB) and the SDK (132 MB) is also updated as well.

https://prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2021/06/120807/

Thx.

What I see the client only is necessary (plus scenery update - but here is only one fix), so not need the whole 23Gb (but if someone wants to, you can install everything of course).
    Installing of this two modules will be ok.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I had no problems with the installation but chose the whole package method not just the update or hotfix. All addons - scenery, aircraft (PMDG< F1 FR etc) etc functioning without issues. ENVSHADE updated only neeed fix up. I like the way P3D will uninstall and then reinstall without you needing to remove anything.

The menu/text info problem is definitely fixed. SimDirector still loading quickly and functioning. There have been some updates and changes to EA and True Sky, it does appear that they have effectively fixed the blocking and waffling issue with widespread cloud cover and the clouds look much better (great actually) without any mods to the cloud volume using P3DWX to get real weather. So my only tweak now is the ENVSHADE for the haze (drop it down a bit). The lighting (angle time of day) is very realistic and changes smooth and realistic if you move around. Still a few minor issues with the LM internal GUI's (Map for example) but the sim is very smooth and stable. Works as claimed a great job! The cockpits are still a bit dark (depends on the model and its textures actually) but this is improved as well.

I guess no problems or issues for me at all on an I7 (5.1 GHZ + SSD) and RTX 2070 Super rig.

Installed Today. Btw. I see that they back to "old" kind of text info (like Shift+Z ect). Good.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I think LM have done a very good job. 5.2.22 (HF) has rectified a lot of small and irritating issues and repaired and adjusted others. So no need now for Shader fixes or Cloud Addons - they have basically nailed it now. Menu's and view change selections are smooth and trouble free and basically with most sliders on ULTRA - the sim is smooth and predictable.

This is now a very impressive flight simulator and I am not sure what one could possibly change with high quality LC or textures (Such as ORBX) Stock Shaders, EA and True Sky (Plus NIVIDIA's ocean and wave motion capacity) I can run a highly complex study level aircraft or the most basic of aeroplanes or one that likes to be on the water now and then (DC-9-30 v Piper Cub v Floatplane) without any issues or problems.

I have always hoped that we would finally get a high level simulator with superb graphics and performance and a fair degree of addon flexibility, LM appear to have done it - 9/10 from me!

I am sure some folk will find something to complain about but I can't.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thanks for the Tip Yoyo on #2 post. Work well for me. Solved my toolbar issue.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0