KASH Boire Field Airport - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KASH Boire Field Airport

After A Week Of Hard Work On Autogen

I want to thank Falcon 409 for his enhancing of Nashua Boire Field by creating all the autogen of both trees, vegetation AND buildings for me with the Autogen Annotator. It looks 10 times better, just like Google Earth Satellite images. I will be doing just a couple more checks and it will be uploaded to the Warbirds Library including the SODE files. Here are a couple of shots of the airport. Everyone who requested a download link from me will receive a brand new link with all the updates and the autogen.

E

The Last Peg

"Bushpilot" Mike at FS Developer sent me the last addition to KASH, the illuminated windsock which I just placed and it looks fantastic. KASH I feel is complete and ready to share. I am going to put together the complete package with all the objects; the photoreal with autogen vegetation and buildings from Falcon 409; the SODE animated mowers; snowplows and windsock and a full set of instructions on how to upload it to FSX (only sim I have) and P3D all versions. I don't think it will work in MSFS and I know not in X-plane. Enjoy. I had a lot of fun and a huge education creating this. My gratitude to everyone who assisted in getting this to its completion. Now, I'm going to do some flying from it to who knows where. If I feel like flying the OIA Aircorp Cessna Citation stationed there I can fly to some exotic destinations with my virtual wealthy passengers. The sky's the limit (no pun intended)!

Wow the new version looks really nice! Kudos to Ed (Falcon409) and all those who helped out.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Totally Agree

Quote Originally Posted by b24_witchcraft View Post
    Wow the new version looks really nice! Kudos to Ed (Falcon409) and all those who helped out.
    I could not have gotten to this final stage without a lot of help. I am going to spend the rest of the week making sure i don't forget to include anything and do the complete README for it so that anyone who has NOT installed scenery can follow simple instructions. I don't like INSTALLERS so I won't do one of those. First, I have never created one before and I always install to my desktop with the installer so I can see what is going into my FSX. I will make a final post here when to go and find it in the Warbirds Library and send download links to the beta testers first with thanks for their help.

I just tested in P3D_V4.5 and saw no flickering at all, so the massive flickering I see in FSX does not transfer to P3D. Good to know but still don't know why I have that in FSX. Also, Anyone who is using Orbx/Global Airport Pack, make sure you go into the Global/scenery folder inside the main Orbx folder and delete anything related to KASH (3 total: 2 for the AFCAD and 1 for the Objects), otherwise you'll have buildings on top of buildings.
    Last edited by falcon409; September 15th, 2021 at 05:24.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Good Heads Up

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I just tested in P3D_V4.5 and saw no flickering at all, so the massive flickering I see in FSX does not transfer to P3D. Good to know but still don't know why I have that in FSX. Also, Anyone who is using Orbx/Global Airport Pack, make sure you go into the Global/scenery folder inside the main Orbx folder and delete anything related to KASH (3 total: 2 for the AFCAD and 1 for the Objects), otherwise you'll have buildings on top of buildings.
    I will be sure to put this in the README I am creating for KASH installation for those who don't read it here.

KASH Is In The Library

As soon as its approved KASH - Nashua-Boire Field Airport Complete Version is in the Warbirds Library.

Got it downloaded Richard, Thanks.

Just for clarification for anyone who is as dense as I am concerning "SODE". Make sure you have "Show hidden files/folders" active because otherwise you won't find the folders explained in the readme. Then select the Program Data folder then 12bPilot, then SODE and you'll find the Simobject and XML folders in there.

Current System Specs:

Well, turns out. . .that info may not necessarily hold true now. I found a newer version of SODE on the official website (1.7.1) so I uninstalled the old version. However the new version uses a different path, instead opting to install in the Program File(x86) folder. Also, it does not add an XML folder so I moved the old folder to the new installation but thus far I've seen none of the animations including the flags waving. . . .hmmmmm!

Current System Specs:

SODE SimObjects

Well, turns out. . .that info may not necessarily hold true now. I found a newer version of SODE on the official website (1.7.1) so I uninstalled the old version. However the new version uses a different path, instead opting to install in the Program File(x86) folder. Also, it does not add an XML folder so I moved the old folder to the new installation but thus far I've seen none of the animations including the flags waving. . . .hmmmmm!
    Did you put all the objects from the KASH SODE Simobjects folder into the 12bPilot/SODE/Simobjects folder, and just in case its particular, I would put the old XML folder on your desktop and then create a NEW xml folder if there is not one in Program Data/12bPilot though I did not have to create one. Then copy JUST your old xml files into that along with the new ones from the KASH SODE folder. Let me know how that works.

I went back and started from scratch. Uninstalled anything related to SODE, downloaded and installed an earlier version (1.6.6) and installed it where the original was installed (ProgramData folder). I put your xml files in the xml folder, the objects in the SimObjects folder. . .the info was installed in the dll.xml file and I was asked to ok the SODE info upon loading the sim. Once in the Sim I checked to be sure SODE was listed in the AddOns drop down (it was) and checked to see that the objects were available. . . .NOPE. It tells me there are no triggerable objects with 6.5nm.

I'll go back to SODE at some point but this has been a "Getting nowhere fast" operation thus far. Going to watch some Football!

Current System Specs:

Football Season Has Started

I went back and started from scratch. Uninstalled anything related to SODE, downloaded and installed an earlier version (1.6.6) and installed it where the original was installed (ProgramData folder). I put your xml files in the xml folder, the objects in the SimObjects folder. . .the info was installed in the dll.xml file and I was asked to ok the SODE info upon loading the sim. Once in the Sim I checked to be sure SODE was listed in the AddOns drop down (it was) and checked to see that the objects were available. . . .NOPE. It tells me there are no triggerable objects with 6.5nm.

I'll go back to SODE at some point but this has been a "Getting nowhere fast" operation thus far. Going to watch some Football!
    Later on I will send you my SODE folders zipped. You can paste yours onto the desktop which is what I do when I am working and install my two SODE folders in place and then see what happens. I don't blame you for trying another day. I will probably not zip and send until tomorrow. falcon409=

No news is good news

I trust that everyone who wanted this has downloaded it and except for Falcon409's SODE problem which I believe he has fixed with my files, I trust that no complaints or suggestions means that everyone is happy with it. I am enjoying mine and with what I learned have tweaked a few of my other airports and added animated flags to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I trust that everyone who wanted this has downloaded it and except for Falcon409's SODE problem which I believe he has fixed with my files, I trust that no complaints or suggestions means that everyone is happy with it. I am enjoying mine and with what I learned have tweaked a few of my other airports and added animated flags to them.
    Can i get those SODE folders too. My system gives me the exact same message.

Dave

SODE Folders

Having dinner will get to you later. Now I am back, I made a new folder with ALL simobjects and xml used in the final version of KASH. I am going to post a reply with the SOH thread for KASH so that everybody can download them if they are having trouble or have an earlier version they are using.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; September 28th, 2021 at 14:22.

A Request For SODE Files

I just had someone contact me by PM for the SODE who is having trouble like Falcon409 had. Here is a link to all the simobjects and xml to copy/paste into your 12abpilot SODE folders.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3eppn...+SODE.zip/file

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I just had someone contact me by PM for the SODE who is having trouble like Falcon409 had. Here is a link to all the simobjects and xml to copy/paste into your 12abpilot SODE folders.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3eppn...+SODE.zip/file
    Still no luck. each of the models give me this in the log

[18:33:25.605] WARN SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : SimObject with SimTitle 'US_Flag_Still': 'UNDEFINED.MDL' does NOT exist!

my SODE has been installed by ORBX Central, maybe that is causing the issue.

Thanks, Dave

Sode

As it says in the README. Download and install the SODE Version 1.7.1 from https://sode.12bpilot.ch/ and follow the instructions to install. It is free. I do NOT have ORBX installed though I have used ORBX in the past. I Do have FSDT GSX installed which uses SODE but I don't have a conflict with that. ORBX SODE is for ORBX. Then see what happens. There may be a conflict in which case you will have to decide. If you have a lot of ORBX scenery then you may have to give up the flags and the mowers at KASH. They will not prevent you from using the airport. Good Luck
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; September 28th, 2021 at 16:33.

SODE Problems

I posted over at FS Developers and here is what Bushpilot said:

I read about the problems with SOH with SODE.
    I also use SODE 1.7.1 from the SODE website and without problems.

Maybe there are on the problem PC by any reasons, duplicate entries of SimObjects or MDL files.

Just for information...
    The SODE program installs itself in the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE

But there is no XML and SimObjects folder!
    It does not help to create these folders there!

However, the SODEPlatformManager.exe must be executed once here.
    Afterwards SODE must be registered and logged in the simulator via the SODEPlatformManager.
    So that the simulator can use SODE.

Only copying the SODE program files will not be successful, you have to install SODE.
    And after that don't forget the SODEPlatformManager.

The XML and SimObjects must be in the following folder:
    C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE
    Here are also already the two folders XML and SimObjekts!
    Only here SODE can access the files.

Best regards
    Mike

I am enjoying the KASH without using the SODE, with which I have zero experience. The flashing buildings that were mentioned much earlier are now happily gone. One thing that would be a nice enhancement would be to have shadows under the parked aircraft. Orbx has a free add-on for this effect, but it does not work on this scenery. DX10 Fixer also has this effect available, so perhaps that could be utilized.

FSX Shadows

In the Settings from the opening screen, select CUSTOMIZE then select AIRCRAFT TAB and will see a check box for "Aircraft Cast Shadows On The Ground" and check it. I believe that is all you need to do. It is not a part of the airport scenery but the simulator.

Example: AI Cessna at 60J in North Carolina my home airport custom.

I get the shadows everywhere but at KASH. Seems like I have a conflicting shadows setting in DX10 Fixer or Orbx.

Dx10

I don't use DX10 at all. I clicked it once by accident and had all kinds of issues with textures. All my textures are DX9. That may be the problem. Since I took the screenshot at 60J...I just went out to KASH parking and my shadows are fine there too. ??????? Maybe somebody with more knowledge can chime in.

This is a quote from Flyaway Simulation with DX10 Fixer's download:

At the moment, the usage of DX10 on FSX is more or less a waste of your time. It causes a huge amount of problems that were simply not good enough. Whilst the rumors of being forced to rush out FSX in time whilst DX10 was still in production is a good one to go with, there is no definitive proof of any of these theories. What there is proof of, though, is the fact that DX10 Preview is a headache waiting to happen for users of FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    I am enjoying the KASH without using the SODE, with which I have zero experience. The flashing buildings that were mentioned much earlier are now happily gone. One thing that would be a nice enhancement would be to have shadows under the parked aircraft. Orbx has a free add-on for this effect, but it does not work on this scenery. DX10 Fixer also has this effect available, so perhaps that could be utilized.
    First thing to do. . .if you're using DX10-Preview. . . .turn it off! Like Richard and apparently others as well, I had nothing good come from using it when it came available to try in FSX. I saw it as a poor excuse for a preview of something that wasn't available to the masses at that time.

If you tried the shadows without that turned on and it still didn't work then it remains an individual problem not related to the scenery at all. I also don't see the need for an "Add-On" with Orbx to see shadows when that is an option already available with that Sim. . .just as it is with FSX. You could have a slight elevation problem because if the rwy's/taxiways are ever so slightly elevated then the shadows won't be visible because they're actually being cast on the ground below.

Current System Specs:

ORBX and KASH

First thing to do. . .if you're using DX10-Preview. . . .turn it off! Like Richard and apparently others as well, I had nothing good come from using it when it came available to try in FSX. I saw it as a poor excuse for a preview of something that wasn't available to the masses at that time.

If you tried the shadows without that turned on and it still didn't work then it remains an individual problem not related to the scenery at all. I also don't see the need for an "Add-On" with Orbx to see shadows when that is an option already available with that Sim. . .just as it is with FSX. You could have a slight elevation problem because if the rwy's/taxiways are ever so slightly elevated then the shadows won't be visible because they're actually being cast on the ground below.
    A good point about elevation...when I flew with the 91st BG(V) ORBX had just released their England scenery addon. I did not use it but other of the guys had it installed and we had elevation issues with our different aircraft when using JOINFS together. Some of the B17s would be up to the axles in my sim and I would be 2 feet up in the air in theirs. We shared all textures because it was necessary to see each aircraft not a sub for it. This reminded me of that. ORBX is really a beautiful addon but ALL addons have compatibility issues with other addons sometimes and we all use different sims now as well like four different versions of P3D, no 5.

Members who have read this thread: 0