KASH Boire Field Airport

Thread: KASH Boire Field Airport

Hybrid View

KASH Boire Field Airport

In checking VATSPY this morning, I noticed atc at an airport I had not heard of before and when checked on AIRNAV was surprised it was small though is a controlled airport. I am having more fun lately creating than flying so I checked to see if it has been updated payware or freeware and did not find it for FSX/P3D. Anyone here done it or decide to do it "this week" so I don't spend time that could do a different one? Let me know. I have all my Google Earth photos. I was going to use the default buildings but they just don't do it for me so I will be doing custom hangers in Sketchup and have found out how not to be frame hogs. I have three of my own created airports and even with a lot of AI I did with AIFP3 I am getting in the high 40s with the default fsx. and 30's with a Carenado Kingair. I am watching this for replies.

I've started working

This afternoon I have begun working on KASH Boire Field, Nashua NH. I've got about 25% of the hanger models done in Sketchup. I used One-click Hanger and I really like it a lot. Experimented a bit with it this afternoon, too with scaling and got a good model I think of the FBO. Last one I did for today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBO Hanger.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	416.9 KB 
ID:	83355

Lookin' good! I'm just delving into Sketchup myself. It sure makes things easy!
    America never stopped being great.

Be sure to clean it up

Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Lookin' good! I'm just delving into Sketchup myself. It sure makes things easy!
    Google the "Clean-up" addon for Sketchup so that you can make your buildings Flightsim friendly. It makes a big difference once they are converted into bgl's with the frame rates.

The Tower Building

When I first started this project I just figured that an airport in Nashua NH with one runway and 5 taxiways can't be very complicated can it? THEN...I opened it up in Google Earth and it is really involved but I like the challenge. I started this yesterday and it needs a few tweaks but I wanted to be sure it worked in MDCx and then in FSX and not be surprised like I have been in the past. Here is a screenshot. There is lettering on the brick in the front but I can't read it. I telephoned the Tower but no one was there. I called the FBO and got a really receptive CSR there but he couldn't remember exactly what it said and couldn't leave the FBO unattended. He suggested that I call the tower on Monday and ask them for help. Then I will open it up - put on the lettering and the antennas on the top of the control tower. If you look closely you can see the coffee bar inside through the big glass wall. Its all done Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Tower Building.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	609.6 KB 
ID:	83371
    in Sketchup 2016 even adding the coffee bar. It was just too empty in there with all that glass. All of this is done by hand (except the coffee bar and the railings).

Is this the same tower?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0