Asobo and Oliver (Not) Fischer JU-52 for MSFS Released 9/28 - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Asobo and Oliver (Not) Fischer JU-52 for MSFS Released 9/28

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibA9xLZWiNY

Liking the look of it! I shall definitely be picking this one up.
    Wow nice, ski and float version too!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It's out. Looks like it's 14.99€ here.

A german / original cockpit seems to also be included. I think I'll still wait and see what kind of system modeling is done and what nav aids are included in each version.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

It's downloading now. Painfully slowly as I imagine everyone else has the same idea as I do, but I'll let you know!

[QUOTE=hangarrat101;1272686]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibA9xLZWiNY

BMW Engines? 2 bladed propellers? Going to buy it!!!

Update after first impressions: Not perfect but for the money I'm not complaining. Modern version appears to be fairly close performance-wise but the superchargers don't seem modelled. I can't get above 30" MAP when I think the limit for the R-1340 is about 36"

The vintage version appears to be quite optimistic performance-wise (1200fpm climb at gross?) Maybe that's right but I'm not so sure. Sounds are very good though and the visual models are stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    Update after first impressions: Not perfect but for the money I'm not complaining. Modern version appears to be fairly close performance-wise but the superchargers don't seem modelled. I can't get above 30" MAP when I think the limit for the R-1340 is about 36"The vintage version appears to be quite optimistic performance-wise (1200fpm climb at gross?) Maybe that's right but I'm not so sure. Sounds are very good though and the visual models are stunning.
    If it's in the store, I don't see it. Must be an update required.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I tried to purchase it, keeps saying purchase failed.
    Project Consultant - Luft'46 Design Team

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Hehehehehehe

Ahhhhhhh, the perfect Antarctic explorer!
    Last edited by dvj; September 28th, 2021 at 17:00.

Nice shot dvj! Just wow!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It may be somewhat basic but it is nevertheless a superb model! You simply cannot go wrong with the price.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice shot dvj! Just wow!
    Thank you! The audio just blows me away in this model. And this Antarctic scenery is perfect for this kind of thing.
    Last edited by dvj; September 28th, 2021 at 17:00.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Thank you! The audio just blows me away in this model. And this Antartic scenery is perfect for this kind of thing.
    I'll take it in this week.... still enjoy MV PC-6 so no rush for me but I need it in my hangar too for 100% .

Had the funds in my Steam wallet, so after watching a bit of a twitch stream I pulled the trigger on this one.

Visually it is astounding. The tin surface is very well done in my opinion and also the cockpit looks really good. There are some animation errors, mainly with the control links (flaps and rudder mostly) and a big lack of documentation regarding the instruments, etc. For example there seems to be a basic heading hold autopilot function but I canīt get it to work. Sound is very well done!

Please ignore the Registration, itīs my default one and I didnīt realize before the flight that FS applies it to the livery.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Eagle_571 View Post
    Same here. This has happened on my last few Marketplace purchases.

One time I had to contact Support. The other two times it took about a day to finally complete the purchase. REALLY annoying.

Donīt know about performances and really donīt care too much...think itīs an excellent work, sure they will iron out any bugs, price is about half or less than half average prices they're asking for MSFS planes, Iīm quite happy. Happier if I got some kind of manual and, btw, know how to enter passenger cabin with my Thrustmaster 16000.

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Eagle_571 View Post
    Are you using the Steam version of MSFS?

If you are, make sure the in-game overlay is enabled, since that being disabled somehow keeps you from making purchases in MSFS.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    Are you using the Steam version of MSFS?

If you are, make sure the in-game overlay is enabled, since that being disabled somehow keeps you from making purchases in MSFS.
    The Microsoft Store version is failing for some of us as well.

This house of cards is fragile enough without trying to balance it on top of Steam as well.

Love the plane, though I'm somewhat dissappointed with the vintage cockpit.
    They just didn't get the gauges to look right. Dials are mostly okayish but the housings are just wrong.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

This house of cards is fragile enough without trying to balance it on top of Steam as well.
    Steam purchase fine for me, first time and no issue. Updates work well too.
    Having been an alpha tester hamster and using the MS Store then I'd not touch the store version...

Boy, someone else noticed this????
    https://youtu.be/WieUAbO70JU
    Mathias

My first impressions:
    The modelling is quite superb inside out. A bit of a weak point IMHO are the paintscemes. They seem very generic and "halfbaked".

The flight model feels allright, but I miss a more differentiated soundscape concerning the two engine layouts Having witnessed both in real life I remember those BMWs being more noisy than the smoother P&W ones. Powerwise there wasnīt much difference, but all in all the P&W threeblade layout felt slightly more stable and smoother.

Morning Flight (great to have a day off today:-)))
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSFS_046.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	84460

Name:	MSFS_047.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	84461

Name:	MSFS_048.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	84462
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

And since I canīt get enough

Name:	MSFS_050.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	84463

Name:	MSFS_051.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	84464

Name:	MSFS_052.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	84465
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

My purchase/download on MS Store last night was completely smooth.

I agree that it is a pretty nice plane, the cockpit does not look as convincingly vintage as "other Olivier's" Ju 52, and we need decent paint schemes, a lot of them, and fast. A paint kit may be too much to hope for so we'll just hope our favorite skinners find it worth the extra effort. This might finally be the plane that tempts me to take a shot.

I saw the thread about the takeoff performance on the official forum but was not able to reproduce that video. With half fuel and no pax it took off pretty fast but not where it bothers me or where I'm certain it's wrong. Mind you, I am not blessed with the certainty of some of the know-alls on that forum.

Overall I'd say this plane exceeded expectations and is better value for money than any MSFS release I can think of in a while.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    My purchase/download on MS Store last night was completely smooth.
    ..... Overall I'd say this plane exceeded expectations and is better value for money than any MSFS release I can think of in a while.

August
    I'd agree with that. I find its flight behaviour OK, although it suffers from the twitchy directional problems that afflict all tail draggers (actually all aircraft) at low speed during takeoff in MSFS. When you consider you get a wheel, ski and float version and two alternate panels (original & more recent) it's certainly good value.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

Open MSFS, but not as Administrator.
    Then go to the Market Place. It's what I have to do to get purchases to completion.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 0