Importance of the Server in MP games

Thread: Importance of the Server in MP games

Importance of the Server in MP games

This is a short video I made during a testing session with members of Rotor Sim Pilot Discord server;

Was not even part of my initial protocol, as I was told that it had no importance. But seeing it with my own eyes, it had to be shown. Note that it was a H135 Airbus oriented session but this little experiment would answer all MP organizers querries.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Well, I honestly thought it was server sensitive from the start, in fact... like, if we're not on the same server, then we can't see each other...

And actually, it's even more sensible than that.
    With my brother, we face that issue that we sometimes can't see each other even though we're on the same server. So then we have to change to other servers, trying them one by one, until we find one where we can actually see ourselves.
    As a matter of fact, lately we have been forced to switch to American servers instead of the European ones, despite the fact that we are sitting in Europe, because none of the European servers would display us, for some reason :/

Come and live in Australia then you will have something to whinge about
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Yesterday night (I'm in East USA region... but not in USA), I was flying in western France near Arcachon and , just to see, I tried all server one after one (minus Asia). All servers were void of any real players, except west EU.

I counted six tags flying around, one landing and parking in the middle of the runway I was about to land on. Made a ±200 feet landing with ¾ flaps in my Cessna 172 and taxied to the fuel pumps without even getting near him.

I wonder where these servers are, geographically speaking.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

My experience has been quite the opposite.

I'm in the UK and have been mostly flying in the UK lately, I usually see plenty of other players while flying, some of the more popular airports can get quite hectic at times, no one uses the ATC and takes off and lands on whatever runway and from whatever direction they feel like.

Not complaining, it can be quite fun at times.

I kind of wish MS/Asobo would implement built in voice comms. MSFS is already running through the XBox app so it shouldn't be too difficult to add.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56