P3D V4+ - RFN French Carrier upgrade - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P3D V4+ - RFN French Carrier upgrade

RFN Gauge de Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by mpni View Post
    Hi loomy Can you activate the content errors? (Options - Application / General / Error Reporting / Enable content error reporting). You will find the ContentErrors.txt in: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files Using Notepad, open this file and report the errors. Note the RFN configuration gauge works only with RFN Charles de Gaulle and with RFN_FCLP scenery. Regards Michel
    Cher Michel, Please find the ErrorContent File below. I did not manage to attach the .txt file to this thread. I do only use the RFN configuration with RFN Charles de Gaulle 2000 and 2018. [error.0] error=AceXML Parser Error Source: D:\P3D v4.5\Scenarios\Emergency\RDJ_EA_Hudson_river_mirac le_landing\RDJ extreme AL- Hudson river miracle.xml Line: 4760 Column: 0 Error: 'ScenarioType' - (0x83600FB7) [error.1] error=Minimum Camera Zoom cannot be zero. Try 0.3 [error.2] error=Minimum Camera Zoom cannot be zero. Try 0.3 [error.3] error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - 14 [error.4] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.5] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.6] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_FloodWhite" [error.7] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.8] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.9] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_FloodWhite" [error.10] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.11] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.12] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_FloodWhite" [error.13] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.14] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_White" [error.15] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_FloodWhite" [error.16] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Amber" [error.17] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Amber" [error.18] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_FloodAmber" [error.19] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Amber" [error.20] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Amber" [error.21] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_FloodAmber" [error.22] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Amber" [error.23] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Amber" [error.24] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_FloodAmber" [error.25] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Ctrl_ElevatorHorn" [error.26] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.27] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.28] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.29] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.30] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.31] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.32] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.33] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.34] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.35] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.36] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.37] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.38] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.39] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.40] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.41] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.42] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.43] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.44] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.45] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.46] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.47] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.48] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.49] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.50] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.51] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.52] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.53] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.54] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.55] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.56] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.57] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.58] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.59] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.60] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.61] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.62] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.63] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.64] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.65] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.66] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.67] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.68] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.69] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.70] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.71] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Runway_White_M" [error.72] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.73] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.74] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.75] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.76] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.77] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.78] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.79] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.80] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.81] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.82] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.83] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_RedRamp_M" [error.84] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.85] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.86] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.87] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.88] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.89] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.90] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.91] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.92] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.93] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_Rabbit_White_M" [error.94] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.95] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.96] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.97] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.98] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.99] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.100] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.101] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M" [error.102] error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_CDG_TargetGreen_M"

Are you installing the CDG into the \Documents folder (\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\RFN_CDG_v2.0\Effects)
    or the root of P3D? (\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects)

If the former does the addon.xml file include a reference to Effects?
    Code:

<AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
      </AddOn.Component>
    Do you see the effect files included with the CDG in the [Effects] folder? Just asking because ErrorContent File is indicating that they are not being found at all.

Maybe try putting all of the effect files in the Effects folder of the root P3Dv4.
    (\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects)

Do you get lights when using a default aircraft, not the Superbug?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Are you installing the CDG into the \Documents folder (\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\RFN_CDG_v2.0\Effects)
    or the root of P3D? (\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects)

If the former does the addon.xml file include a reference to Effects?
    Code:

<AddOn.Component>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
      </AddOn.Component>
    Do you see the effect files included with the CDG in the [Effects] folder? Just asking because ErrorContent File is indicating that they are not being found at all.

Maybe try putting all of the effect files in the Effects folder of the root P3Dv4.
    (\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Effects)

Do you get lights when using a default aircraft, not the Superbug?
    Hi Frank,
    I installed the CDG into the root folder of P3D. Here I find among other i.e. the file fx_cdg_engine_white. All together 13 files with fx_cdg_xxx. However, I checked the path ...\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\, but there I find no "Effects" folder, only some files from flight plans (..pln) and setting (...fxml) or (...wx), the latter I do not know. But you are right, it seems there is no link to the effects. Would you have any idea where to search for this?
    Btw, I tried it also using the t-45 from Dino. No lights and the RFN gauge is not working. The active frequency is not transferred to the gauge. I can see only the back-up frequency. To be clear, I use 108.30 MHz (X020). The gauge shows X020 as back-up and X000 as active.
    Many thanks and a nice weekend
    Achim

Quote Originally Posted by loomy View Post
    Hi Frank,
    I installed the CDG into the root folder of P3D. Here I find among other i.e. the file fx_cdg_engine_white. All together 13 files with fx_cdg_xxx. However, I checked the path ...\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\, but there I find no "Effects" folder, only some files from flight plans (..pln) and setting (...fxml) or (...wx), the latter I do not know. But you are right, it seems there is no link to the effects. Would you have any idea where to search for this?
    Btw, I tried it also using the t-45 from Dino. No lights and the RFN gauge is not working. The active frequency is not transferred to the gauge. I can see only the back-up frequency. To be clear, I use 108.30 MHz (X020). The gauge shows X020 as back-up and X000 as active.
    Many thanks and a nice weekend
    Achim
    ...I found the add-on.xml in the p3d-root directory:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Vertx DA62</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Vertx DA62</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Fonts</Category>
    <Path>Fonts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scripts</Category>
    <Path>Scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

Hi loomy
    Just for testing, copy and paste all effect files (with the texture folder) of the CGD into your main effect folders which is in P3Dv4 folder.
    Regards
    Michel

Hi loomy
    Just for testing, copy and paste all effect files (with the texture folder) of the CGD into your main effect folders which is in P3Dv4 folder.
    Regards
    Michel
    Cher Michel,
    I did copy all fx files and texture files into the corresponding folder of my P3D. However, the runway lights of both CDG 2000 and CDG 2018 are not illuminated at night yet. But this again triggered off that the RFN gauge de configuration is working properly now. I also get the correct frequency for the RFN gauge by amending the panel.cfg of the T-45. But the RFN gauge does not bring me the ILS and TACAN indication in the upper part.
    Many thanks for your consideration and
    Kind regards
    Achim

Hi loomy
    The RFN carrier gauge is not compatible with the HUD.
    You will se the runway light during night if you are on the CDG frequency.
    Regards
    Michel

Hi loomy
    The RFN carrier gauge is not compatible with the HUD.
    You will se the runway light during night if you are on the CDG frequency.
    Regards
    Michel
    Cher Michel,
    I compared the frequencies in the Tacpack.ini with the frequencies of the RFN carrier.xml. All okay. I tried a Nimitz approach and all worked well. However, approaching the CDG does not show runway lights at night and the RFN gauge does not recognise the carrier. I tried this with the T-45 and the Superbug. I am a bit helpless now :-(. Would you have any hint where to look for the problem?
    Thank you very much and
    Kind regards
    Achim

Hi
    Have a look at the sim.cfg of the Charles de Gaulle.
    You will find

[fltsim.0]
    title=VEH_CDG_2000

[fltsim.1]
    title=VEH_CDG_2018

Now, have a look at RFN_Carrier.xml which is at this location
    RFN_CarrierGauge_v5.3\Gauges\RFN_Resources

You must find

<Carrier Name="Charles de Gaulle 2000"
    Sim_Name="VEH_CDG_2000"

<Carrier Name="Charles de Gaulle 2018"
    Sim_Name="VEH_CDG_2018"

If the title of the [fltsim.x] is not the same as the Sim Name of the <Carrier Name="Charles de Gaulle xxx" the RFN Carrier gauge cannot find the carrier.

[QUOTE=mpni;1277670]Hi Have a look at the sim.cfg of the Charles de Gaulle. You will find [fltsim.0] title=VEH_CDG_2000 [fltsim.1] title=VEH_CDG_2018 Now, have a look at RFN_Carrier.xml which is at this location RFN_CarrierGauge_v5.3\Gauges\RFN_Resources You must find

Hi loomy
    Can you say again your full answer?
    Regards
    michel

Members who have read this thread: 2