Ehrd

Thread: Ehrd

Ehrd

The new world update added Rotterdam airport but whenever i try to load it , i get a ctd.
    So i took off from EHAM (Amsterdam) and tried to fly there .
    As soon as it tried to contact rotterdam with ATC , still 20 miles out , the same thing happens.
    Anybody else willing to give this a try ?

Flew both from and to it yesterday with no issues.

I'd suggest trying to delete it from the Content Manager in the sim, and then re-download it from "Not Installed," in case it's a corrupted file issue.

Also empty out your Community folder and try it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hi,

About Rotterdam, does anyone have the double taxisigns? Then please VOTE this topic!
    See: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...xisigns/391243

Also just noticed all the new sceneries use the default name of the "modelLib.BGL" and "objects.bgl"
    Though this was not wise and could cause CTD's?

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    The new world update added Rotterdam airport but whenever i try to load it , i get a ctd.
    So i took off from EHAM (Amsterdam) and tried to fly there .
    As soon as it tried to contact rotterdam with ATC , still 20 miles out , the same thing happens.
    Anybody else willing to give this a try ?
    Tried both methods and no CTD to report.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Thanks for checking , guys .

Turned out to be something in my Community folder .
    Now to find out what is the culprit.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    My EHRD is still the default one ..... plain 'ol Jane version ! The update seemed to work and install properly. I checked my content manager section this morning ~ 5:30 A.M. my local time and there were no updates ... off to check again.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Well I'm back.
    There were updates in my Content manager this time! I'm all updated and have the same problem with double taxi way signage as reported above.

I did however see (3) tall monolith towers near the city center (2) were round and (1) was square. I also saw a couple of wind turbine towers that looked to be in odd locations ... and a couple of A.I. vehicles going up and down Rotterdam city center buildings!

My Content manager now says that I have 32 items that are not installed. They range from the Aerosoft CRJ, the AFC Bridge ( for my Honeycomb Apha & Brovo units) to payware sceneries, freeware sceneries and a few aircraft repaints .... but they are all there and functioning properly as tested so far.

I did not empty my Community folder before this update. Do I have to select all of these "not installed" items by clicking on the blue upper right hand side of the page (that puts a bluish/green check on them) .... and where is the delete button or the reinstall button, when I have selected all of them. If this will delete all of them I'll have a meltdown!

I think most of my stuff works Okay for now and I've not had any real issues that other people have not had.

Thank, Don

Good practice is to remove entirely the Community folder content before large update. This is why you see a "Browse" button in the updater screen. I do prefer to do it on my own (theirs is buggy anyway) and place my whole content in an Out of community folder on my secondary HDD.

If the "you know what" hit the fan when you're setting these files back, you can replace them one by one until you find the culprit. It is a tedious process, I know, but easier than doing a full re-install of the whole game.

Good luck
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Members who have read this thread: 0