update 1.15.7 -- severe 'turbulence' and a new bug (mixture)

Thread: update 1.15.7 -- severe 'turbulence' and a new bug (mixture)

update 1.15.7 -- severe 'turbulence' and a new bug (mixture)

Using an aviation analogy...that was by far the most turbulent update experience yet for me.

Up until today I had counted myself very lucky -- compared to some -- that I've had relatively smooth experiences with the updates since I got the sim last fall. But I wasn't so lucky this time.

As with previous updates and patches, I prepared by quarantining the communities folder add-ons, downloading the lastet launcher from MS store, re-booting the PC, logging off/back on to XBOX, etc. Yet, despite all that, it got stuck in unpacking loops many times (probably 10 or 15) as it downloaded and unpacked the airplanes and other non-France/Benelux files. Some of the times it would resume after hitting pause, exit and restarting the game. Some times I had to log in/out of Windows, sometimes I had to reboot to get it to resume d/l.

I just spent close to 6 hours with this update (despite very good d/l speeds) and have re-booted the PC a few times times, and it only just finished the second phase of the update. I haven't downloaded France/Benelux yet, I'm almost afraid to.

Then I encountered a new bug -- I took the C152 up for a quick flight and found that if I hit Esc (to get to settings) and then resume, it would shut off my fuel mixture, causing the engine to die. It took me a bit to figure that one. What a great new feature! I've confirmed this happens on the C172 as well, perhaps it's all props with mixture controls.

Isn't beta testing fun ?

- dcc

[edit, after reading some posts on the official forum, this bug is related to the sim resetting controller axes to 50% or somesuch... I see another hotfix coming...]
    - -

Same here with the download loops.
    Had to restart the sim 17 times in total over about 12 hours (including a nights sleep)
    The marketplace and content manager updates went OK though.

I haven't tried it yet as I'm getting ready for work so that will have to wait for this evening.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Hi , try to update Windows it helped me in some way ....

HB

Members who have read this thread: 0