Red Box

Thread: Red Box

Blog Entries

Red Box

Okay, so I have this little red rectangle floating in my VR headset. It is showing something about the CPU/GPU usage. For the life of me, I have NO idea how it got there (I am sure I turned in on and don't remember) or how to get rid of it. It is not the Developer FPS box.

Anybody know what this is, and more importantly, how the heck I can get rid of it?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Okay, so I have this little red rectangle floating in my VR headset. It is showing something about the CPU/GPU usage. For the life of me, I have NO idea how it got there (I am sure I turned in on and don't remember) or how to get rid of it. It is not the Developer FPS box.

Anybody know what this is, and more importantly, how the heck I can get rid of it?
    You might want to check your Developer mode settings by hovering the mouse in top left corner of your screen and see if you have the FPS counter on. Don't have a VR headset but that may be it?

Get out of the VR mode (CTRL+TAB) => do you see the FPS counter on your computer screen ? If so, you need to disable it from the menu bar, which appears if you are in developer mode.

Blog Entries
    It is not the Developer's FPS or anything to do with Developer's menu. The red box only shows in the headset. It must be something with the VR?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0