Orbx Optica

Thread: Orbx Optica

Orbx Optica

Any speculation about the relationship of the proposed Orbx Optica to one that used to be seen at Sim-Outhouse or to the one that was briefly at flighsim.to?

https://fselite.net/news/orbx-shares...rcraft-coming/

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Any speculation about the relationship of the proposed Orbx Optica to one that used to be seen at Sim-Outhouse or to the one that was briefly at flighsim.to?

https://fselite.net/news/orbx-shares...rcraft-coming/

Hmm, I am so glad I still have the freeware version... NC

This doesn't look like a port. If it's reasonably priced, I just might get it!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tried the freeware version and it isn't a finished product and a dog on frame rates. Needs to be optimized and snuffed up.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Tried the freeware version and it isn't a finished product and a dog on frame rates. Needs to be optimized and snuffed up.

LouP
    A bit like the real thing tbh.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I asked NewkTV (of Aerosoar) on his YT what happened to the flightsim.to portover project. If he's active here he might chime in of course, but the gist is that he removed it as he was close to releasing a native version, but ORBX's announcement of their own unrelated native version may put his native version on ice.

I don't see why he should shelve his own native version. There are always people on a budget (ME!) that might just try out the freeware, and if it fills the need, might decide not to go the payware route.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I don't see why he should shelve his own native version. There are always people on a budget (ME!) that might just try out the freeware, and if it fills the need, might decide not to go the payware route.

Tom (or anyone else here, for that matter!), I have that freeware Optica, if needed.... NC

I had it, and, well, let's just say it had issues. I'm spoiled on the detail of the defaults (never thought I'd say that), so I'll hold off for something native.

To be honest, if the native freeware is at least "good," it's ORBX that should be worried!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The good news is NewkTV didn't shelf the project after all, and the freeware Aerosoar Optica releases tonight atound 1AM CST!

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    The good news is NewkTV didn't shelf the project after all, and the freeware Aerosoar Optica releases tonight atound 1AM CST!
    Outeffingstanding!! NC

The freeware is UP on flightsim.to. Trending. FUN!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Hope it's ok to link a file from another site... I'm certain the Orbx version will have some advantages, but the freeware version at Flightsim.to is pretty nice. Another update to it was uploaded this morning.

https://flightsim.to/file/12731/ea-7-edgley-optica
    Cheers,
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0