Flooded river basin?

Thread: Flooded river basin?

Flooded river basin?

Pardon if this has been answered before... Is there a setting change or fix for the "flooded" river basin effect? You can see the stream path clearly defined right in front of the wing. However, further back the water effect seems to have flooded out the entire basin. This is common for me in all river/stream/creek areas.
    Freeware Mig-15 in default Palo Duro Canyon State Park SE of Amarillo, TX. Visited there a few years back, and it's well worth a look if you're looking for something a bit different.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDSP3.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	590.6 KB 
ID:	82284
    Cheers,
    Dave

This is indeed a problem with rivers and streams. Apparently their engine detects streams on the photo tiles and applies a linear water path that has a more or less fixed width.

I have tried editing them locally in developer mode with water exclusion polygons and their behavior is strange so I let them be. They even look bad from a distance when sunlight is reflected, especially when they are streams coming down from mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    This is indeed a problem with rivers and streams. Apparently their engine detects streams on the photo tiles and applies a linear water path that has a more or less fixed width.

I have tried editing them locally in developer mode with water exclusion polygons and their behavior is strange so I let them be. They even look bad from a distance when sunlight is reflected, especially when they are streams coming down from mountains.
    Thanks Dimus - that's what I was afraid of. Too bad, as it detracts from the immersion factor in MSFS.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0