Is there interest in post war airfields?

Thread: Is there interest in post war airfields?

Ive enjoyed flying WW2 in FS9 for almost a year but im taking a break and now ive set up a separate cold war install, ive completely moved backward's from FSX to FS9, the only thing i'll miss is the investment in ORBX products and the Flying Station Buccaneer, but i can still keep an install for those and some other payware, but the future seems to be 9. The long and short of it is, that ive a few half completed X scenery's that work just fine in 9, based around the MAIW object library's, i can start feeding them out if you guys are interested,

this is a screen of Fairford using JY B47's, originally for X but soon for 9

PS, im still interested in WW2, and ive a few in the pipeline

Hi Ian,

Not that long ago I posted some images from my cold war install. Which is very much alive with all the beautiful MAIW Ai aircraft. So I am definitely interested.

Cheers,
    Huub

Its partly your fault , i really liked that Dutch Hunter repaint

I grew up during the Cold War, so of course I'm interested.

Hallo Ian,
    I understand and respect your wish to switch over to another period.
    On the other side I' m a bit sad about as there are a lot off ww II german airfields I do miss,
    as of course Lorient and also Lille nord and so many others.
    I ve found two interesting scenes, Lorient the u-boot bunkers and Lille-nord. But they are
    for FSX, grrrrr. I tried to "translate the to FS9 - but as previsible no possibility, grrrr,
    especially Lorient with the u-boot base lays on my heard as my home in brittany is just on the other side of the bay and from my room in my house I can see the citadelle and the bunkers
    With respect to you
    Yours
    Papi

That would be fine, Ian. It also could perfectly expand and complete and the classic era done by CalClassic.

Bernard

Well, I have three FS9 installations, Golden Wings (up through the end of WW2,) FS1954: A Half Century of Flight (post WW2 through late 1950s,) and FsJetAge (the sixties,) and the one that gets by far the most use is FS1954. So YES, I am Very interested in post-war airfields!

As these are fairly basic, i'll post them as attachment's.

First out the box is Fairford, As ive got a second install for my post war stuff, i'll be heavily using the MAIW object libs, details below

MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects (FS9) will be needed from the file library at https://militaryaiworks.com/

RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip will be needed for extra obs, find in SOH FS9 scenery library

You will need John Youngs B47ai package found at MAIW, look for---
    "AI Boeing B-47E/RB-47H Stratojet USAF MacDill AFB (JYAI)" FS9 version,
    find it in the "Complete AI Packages" section in the MAIW file library

You'll find a Zip in this file, "USAAF vchs.zip", If you dont already have these,unzip and place Bgl into Addon-scenery/scenery, and Bmp's into Addon-scenery/texture
    Attached Files Attached Files

And Yeovilton for navy fans

1960-70 RNAS Yeovilton V4 April 2020 FS9

This is a remodeling of the retro Yeovilton scenery Hooky and i made for FS9 a few years back,

You'll find a Zip in this file, "RAFvchs.zip", If you dont already have these,unzip and place Bgl into Addon-scenery/scenery, and Bmp's into Addon-scenery/texture

You'll need "jyai_sea_vixens_fsx_1.zip" by John Young installed, from Flightsim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you!

and Thank you!

They will both be right at home in my FS1954: A Half Century of Flight!

And RAF Leconfield has gone into the library.

MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects (FS9) will be needed from the file library at https://militaryaiworks.com/

RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip will be needed for extra obs, find in SOH FS9 scenery library

You will need Mike Pearson's mpai_ee_lightning_ai_traffic_1.zip from Avsim

You'll find two Zip's in this file, "RAF vchs"and "Ians lighting tower", If you dont already have these,unzip and place Bgl's into Addon-scenery/scenery, and Bmp's into Addon-scenery/texture

PS, dont expect a FSX version, i have the Team SDB version installed on that sim.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    You'll need "jyai_sea_vixens_fsx_1.zip" by John Young installed, from Flightsim
    Hi Ian,

Many thanks for uploaded your very nice sceneries. You probably confounded the above file with this one: "jyai_sea_vixens_fs9_1.zip". Otherwise traffic wouldn't be shown.

Bernard

Yes, my mistake, you'll need FS9 versions of the Ai,

Members who have read this thread: 0