Trouble with CFS3 patch v3.1a - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble with CFS3 patch v3.1a

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    It helps smooth things out but it is more cpu centered

Quote Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
    It's very possible Microsoft could see what was needed and either already had the flag "set" to open the game wider than the 2gig limit most games thought was appropriate for the time. Or, they had it in one of their patches. If no one has been complaining about weird stuff occurring during game play, especially when large quantities of assets (planes, ships, terrain etc.) are being rendered.....using a 4gig Patch or LAA won't be much help. Sounds like Microsoft had a better handle on things than most other companies back in the day.
    On such matters. MajorMagee and Daiwilletti are most likely to know what's going on!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Blog Entries
    I use the 4 gb patch and it does make a difference . CPU speed also has a big role in CFS3 but today's standards are much higher than all those years ago. I'm running a midrange pc and have no problems yet ,with a gtx750Ti ,i7-6500 3.40ghz cpu and 8 gigs ram. Pretty plain but functions flawless with all the expansions. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Have all my installs in program files/(x86)/Microsoft Games folder,but anywhere outside program files is ok-(make sure where to have CFS3 installed with PTO-RS-very important). The PDF installation guide will tell you everything you need to know. Regards,Scott

Wanted to let you guys know PTO Rising Sun is up and running! I pasted it over to my little used D:\ drive, followed the included How-To and updated the specified files to follow the new game path. Took a couple of planes out for a test flight, in a couple of different "Theaters".....all went well. I've got it in MultiCFS3away from my original CFS install, and my Clean install of the game. I'm very pleased with the expansion pack!

Just for the sake of info, here's my HP laptops specifics:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
    16.0 GB RAM
    nVidia GTX 1050 Ti
    Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Version 20H2

I'm wondering what does this RS Static Aircraft Mole Fix do? Do I need it?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post

I'm wondering what does this RS Static Aircraft Mole Fix do? Do I need it?
    Hi CapnScurvy, some aircraft models "mole" into the ground a bit when used as facilities. The mole fix pops them up onto their wheels again. Its a problem across a number of installs.

It is possible to tweak the aircraft.cfg file to "lift" the aircraft up if it is not included in the fix pack.

Blog Entries
    Hello CapnScurvy, Great news ! Glad you did it! If you can install PTO-RS the rest of the expansions aren't that hard-(ETO is a bit complicated) ,but you should do well.The mole fix is a important file to add so do install it. Have the same problem in my Just Flight BoB install. Some planes sink into the ground. I've never been able to fix it though.Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Don't pass up AnKors Shaders package. It adds so much to CFS3 .You will be amazed and not regret it ! Here's some links : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=161 and for PTO-RS i found this problem and was solved : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ng-Sun-problem Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Hope this helps. Regards,Scott
    Yes, YES, all this helps!! Thanks so much guys!! Look how far I've come with the help. This thread started with not being able to patch the basic game, now I'm opening up the game with the great expansion packs found here.

I'm already looking into skinning a B-24 to match my uncles plane that's MIA off of Borneo. That's one reason why the Pacific Theater of Operations is of interest to me....... that, and the fact my Dad served in the South Pacific as a "Ground Pounder" for nearly three years during WWII.

Blog Entries
    Wow ! Very interesting. I honor All those who Served. I've always been interested in WWII because i'm named after my Uncle who died on Omaha beach, D-Day. He was 17 yrs old. Lied about his age to get in. What a Great Generation ! Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Some planes sink into the ground. I've never been able to fix it though.Regards,Scott
    Gidday, IIRC there are some generic "mole fix" files here at SOH, Scott? Mostly hurricanes IIRC. Anyway if that doesn't help I can easily tell you what to tweak in the cfg file.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dai, The problem was in my Just Flight BoB install. Can't use it any more because of the CD's install wizard won't work in win10. Maybe will get a old pc just for stuff like that i still have. Anyway, it was mainly the JF Stuka and Hurricane that there was problems with. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 5