REX 5 P3DV5 Version released.

Thread: REX 5 P3DV5 Version released.

REX 5 P3DV5 Version released.

For those who use and like REX Cloud and Wx programs for the sim, REX have finally released their updated REX 5 compatible for V5 of P3D. There is a a bit of a stuff up with getting the right installer from REX (They need to update their website but the correct installer was promptly sent to me) but it did install with no issues (2nd time round with correct installer). All functions and selections in the REX GUI worked fine and it installed selected themes and cloud models for me with no issues. Real time weather loading is prompt and the in sim WX briefing module works satisfactorily.

With EA in P3D selected and HDR in REX the outcome is not bad at all - few shading issues maybe but overall I am seeing what I should see inflight and at last seeing high level and multilayered clouds. Test run was ex Sydney Australia out into the Pacific - Sydney was scattered at 3500ft with haze and then Broken in layers with rain and showers over the ocean to the east and wind from the SE (by the forecast checked via Air Services Australia pilot briefing service before the test). That is exactly what was reproduced in the sim and the P3D effect of dark in cloud and lighter outside is still there but the cloud layering and higher level clouds are much improved from my perspective. Seems very good overall, sure there will be a few issues with cloud or sky reproduction but I find it quite acceptable and realistic with EA and HD.

A couple of screenshots:

1. Breaking out of cloud in rain at about F150

2. Clearing cloud looking to South

3. View of cloud and layers at F180.

Thanks for the notice about contacting them about the installer. I tried the update Sunday, 04/11/2021, and it still downloaded the older version. I'll submit a ticket.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

modelr - there is a method to overcome these perennial installers issues of V4 installers not upgraded to V5 (It wont fix any defects in the add on itself) but it works very nicely and by making a few simple registry edits and additions to your Win10 registry you have a simple but effective method for overcoming this problem.

Here is the link to the YouTube video that the guy put out on HOW TO DO IT V4 into V5 - Tutorial - Install Any Prepar3D v4 Add-on into Prepar3D v5! Works with all PMDG Aircraft! - YouTube. Worked fine for me.

Basically you are creating a registry entry that pretends there is a V4 installed but the path takes it to V5 that's all. Important point - if your not comfortable with knowing what your doing touching the registry in your operating system - then don't a mistake could be disastrous for your whole O/S.

I found REX support to be good, a bit long winded but genuinely helpful. As a footnote REX 5 is working well in P3DV5 for me no problems at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0