Any good resource for aircraft add-ons?

Thread: Any good resource for aircraft add-ons?

Any good resource for aircraft add-ons?

Is there any good resource for aircrafts? Preferably freeware and military, any suggestions?
    I haven’t had time to get into MSFS until now, so I am far behind.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

First, a caveat: The vast majority of the aircraft out there for download the moment are portovers from FSX/P3D. The quality can range from pretty good when people know enough to tweak flight models, add parameters for the modern flight model, etc. Others are quirky, problematic ports run through the automatic converter by people without knowledge of how to tweak them to perform realistically in MSFS -- these are the vast majority, alas.

Right now, the number of real freeware MSFS add-on planes can be counted on two hands:

Big Radials' Grumman Goose
    - Excellent true rework of the FSX Goose by Ozwookie and Warchild. MSFS native now, great flight model.

In the category of good conversions, Priller did a nice port of the FSX Fokker D.21

And there are some work-in-progress planes on flightsim.to (which is the best place to find MSFS freeware): https://flightsim.to/c/aircraft/aircraft/

Quality native planes there are:
    Savage Carbon and Savage Grravel -- tundra updates of the MSFS Savage Cub
    Discus 2b Glider
    Diamond HK36TC
    MiG-15
    Miller JM-2
    Beast 1 Microjet
    Alpha Jet
    Airbus H135 (flight model is a hack since MSFS doesn't support helicopters yet, but it's not bad considering)

Be careful, though, there's some real junk up there too. Lazy F/A-18 and F-14 ports, a Waco with no instruments, etc.

Now, if you're willing to buy some payware, there's some great military stuff, including:
    MB-339 and T-45C from IndiaFoxtEcho
    FlyingIron's Spitfire Mk IX
    MilViz's FG-1D Corsair
    DC Designs F-15
    Carenado Waco YMF5
    SWS Fiat G.91
    L-19 Bird Dog

Stay away from the payware F/A-18 and MiG-15. They're incomplete adaptations of purchased 3D models and are super-low-quality. The Typhoon that's out there is worlds better than those two, but still feels like an old FSX model graphically and is pretty light on systems and flight model realism.

Members who have read this thread: 0