Weird inconsistent fps with Carenado products - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird inconsistent fps with Carenado products

First I must say that I no longer run FSX and use P3Dv3 as my FSX replacement.
    However, I have no problems with Carenado at all, except for their lack of updates to P3Cv5.
    I can run v3 with all settings maxed and anything between 30-40 FPS as normal.
    The only time I've needed support was due to a license problem and it was very good, problem resolved within 24 hours.
    However, I've come to the conclusion that any technical support is not really their strong point and I think (just me, myself) the focus of the company is fixed on MSFS.
    Just my 2c worth.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    They must stop by here to ck on things, I haven't heard anything from Carenado for two days after reporting what looked like a promising fresh start only to see it go down the circular file, so will take the time to send ANOTHER email re: a refund. I didn't get it right from them but went through a third party. Haven't heard from them, either.

In the meantime, tho, I've been rebuilding the FSX.cfg file that was messed up by the installation - I lost about half the gauges in the cfg file somehow.

SOH-CM-2020
    I'm not sure if you've tried the Carenado support Forums on the Avsim Community site ....

The Carenado Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

Someone may be able to help there.

Pete.

SOH-CM-2023
    I haven't seen any fps loss with the Avedyne display on my 690. In fact, I could run the lite model pretty well in non complex scenery areas on my old system. Now, no problems pretty much anywhere with the new one other than having to turn down autogen in major metro areas like around London and LA (Orbx for both)
    You can't take the sky from me...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I'm not sure if you've tried the Carenado support Forums on the Avsim Community site ....

The Carenado Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

Someone may be able to help there.

Pete.
    Thanks, Pete, for this address and as RW stuff allows I will ck per your suggestion.

What i have noticed in regard to the Carenado 330/360 is a fps drop for the time the mouse pointer is on the screen. When it disappears the fps is ok for me. I have tried this with different Add-on´s. It is noticeable, but minor.
    So, it does not make a difference if i use the full- or light version of the 360. There is, in comparison, no impact on my Hawker 850 with glass cockpit. do you see the same behaviour ? Any ideas ?

Members who have read this thread: 0