FSX Gold Edition is it over?

Thread: FSX Gold Edition is it over?

FSX Gold Edition is it over?

I'm in trouble! I've been using the FSX Gold edition for a long time I can't install it now because Microsoft tells me to buy a new license! Okay, but where?
    I bought a boxed version
    I have a new PC and want to install it, but MS won't let it

I'm Sad!

Does anyone know an idea?

Thank you,
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Might be time to finally give it up and go with the Steam Edition?

OMS

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Might be time to finally give it up and go with the Steam Edition?

OMS
    I don’t know, many have complained about this, though I don’t know why Yes, if there is no other solution, it remains But I ask will the many add ons be good for the SE version as well?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I've been running FSX SE for a few years now. I've yet to run into anything for FSX that won't run in SE. I'm good with it.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Maybe time to consider P3Dv4.5 much (but not all) works with it. It is more stable than FSX to be sure.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I agree with Naismith,

You've got a new rig, so maybe it would be best to go for P3D v4.5. Most native FSX aircraft will work on it, and you'll be amazed on the better performance, graphics, the whole lot. No more out of memory errors. Nothing but advantages really.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I using MSFS it's beautiful!
    I don't like P3D
    it's all too dark, the colors of FSX do better!
    I don't switch to P3D anymore, especially that this is FSX topic

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    I using MSFS it's beautiful!
    I don't like P3D
    it's all too dark, the colors of FSX do better!
    I don't switch to P3D anymore, especially that this is FSX topic
    The colors of P3D can be adjusted.
    In 2021, reinstalling FSX on a new computer is, to me, just a waste of time and efforts.
    Of course, if you *really* need to continue using some old planes from FS9, then I can understand that FSX is still needed, ok. And in that case, like others above, I'd recommend you to go for FSX Steam, which is much easier to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The colors of P3D can be adjusted.In 2021, reinstalling FSX on a new computer is, to me, just a waste of time and efforts.Of course, if you *really* need to continue using some old planes from FS9, then I can understand that FSX is still needed, ok. And in that case, like others above, I'd recommend you to go for FSX Steam, which is much easier to install.
    Zsolt if the install is failing there's a work around ( Microsoft software licence reset tool)see instructions here --->

https://windowsreport.com/microsoft-...-x-windows-10/

when you get to Acceleration, there's a registry key you have to change to get that to work.I've just installed X on my new laptop using above in win 10

Ttfn

Pete

Hi Pete,

I cannot activate the FSX 1-2 disc
    Therefore, I cannot install the ACC disk

Zsolt

Zsolt, after installing disc 1 and 2 have a look at this (found at Microsoft help):

<<
    "a. Click Start and type regedit in the search bar and pressenter.
    b. Browse to the following location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}c. Find Upperfilters listed under it, and check its value, if its 0 change it to PartMgr and click OK out.

Let us know if it helps!"

Have a look at PartMgr - in some cases, these fonts all are written in small size, but it is strictly necessary to be written exactly as above. I've had a similar problem with activation and this helped me.

Furthermore, if any more issues with installing FSX Acceleration/Gold (for example stucking while installing), I firstly copied all Discs files into one single folder on my hard disk. That way, the installation runs without problems because FSX can find all needed files now on the same place.
    Hope this helps.
    Best regards, Manfred.

I have tried this before, it has not led to success
    I'll try again tomorrow, I'm on duty at the fire department today
    Thanks for everyone's comment!
    Zsolt

Zsolt,

When I tried to reinstall FSX on my new PC, I ran into similar problems. After I had installed FSX, I couldn't install Acceleration. In the end I installed the steam version and never had any issue with it. I have a lot of add-ons installed and so far never had any trouble with them.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Zsolt,

When I tried to reinstall FSX on my new PC, I ran into similar problems. After I had installed FSX, I couldn't install Acceleration. In the end I installed the steam version and never had any issue with it. I have a lot of add-ons installed and so far never had any trouble with them.

Cheers,
    Huub
    I have to agree with Huub. If you realy have to install FSX, then use the Steam version. But I still stand by my remarks about 32 vs 64 bit flight simulators.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Zsolt,

Cheers,
    Huub
    I was lucky enough to buy STEAM / FSX when it was worth $ 5 and I didn't hesitate to install it after upgrading to W10 after replacing hard drive with SSD. I didn't even ask myself the question.
    I don't see any difference with the boxed version except that I lost the French interface. Does it work better? May be!

JMC

Members who have read this thread: 0