PTO Effects XML

Thread: PTO Effects XML

PTO Effects XML

In a attempt to solve my PTO tracer issue, I opened the XML with notepad to see if anything was amiss. I noticed that it was created by O-1 Driver back in 2008. I'm thinking there has to be an updated version out there, no?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Is your tracer issue with new aircraft added or with stock aircraft that came with the install ?

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Angry Effects

There a few effects files around however there are issues with them that James and I have discovered working in ETO. I have an effects file about 3.8 meg in size and in it found a couple of tracer effects missing, in particular tracer_blue_no_smoke7 and 12. The call line was there but the code for the actual effects were missing. Also. I swapped out the effects file in the download section (about 4.8 meg in size) and my runway lights and flame lights stopped working, along with many of my beacons. James reported intermittent issues too. The acc_flame called for a texture that was not loading correctly so I revised the code and files and things hav ebeen stable. I am not certain as to why this happens but it does. So the short of if be careful when swapping out these files as there are so many entries in them and there is a potential to have effects either coded incorrectly, missing, or call for textures that either do not exist or fail to work with Ankors shaders.

Lesson - just be careful what you do, always backup the original files. Remember you can have a more complete effects file but unless you have all the textures they call for there will be no improvement or worse.

Some AC have tracers, the P-38 and P-39 do, Navy and Jap AC have none.......

I appreciate what Daiwilletti and MajorMagee did to compile all the effects into one and alphabetize them. However, it's not surprising that, given such a huge file, some discrepancies exists. As NachtPiloten said, there are issues with airbase lighting, and I have had issues with some of my large ETO_City_target_* facility files used to provider non specific bombing targets; they flicker badly. The tracers are another irritating issue. In any case, using the smaller file NachtPiloten mentioned seemed to solve our problems. Dailwillett's combined effects file is great; just needs some tweaking.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Can anyone point me to a downloadable option?

Ok, got it sorted out.....seems like I can toggle the tracer effect on and off by making any change to Skybox or FXtexture folder. By replacing one with another copy, tracers return!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    Ok, got it sorted out.....seems like I can toggle the tracer effect on and off by making any change to Skybox or FXtexture folder. By replacing one with another copy, tracers return!
    Interesting. Anything more specific? Just replace those with another?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I wasn't going to experiment, I was too happy to have the new environment and tracers etc all working...but it did seem to be a cause and effect situation.

Hi,
    My Effects.xml in PTO Solomons has O1-Driver Nov 11,2011, but I can't
    remember why... there were 6 updates after the 'build', I hope that you
    got them all.
    Cheers

All I can say is that the general "look" is improved and everything is working as it should. Next project will be trying to get Ankor's Shaders running in PTO......

Members who have read this thread: 1