Question for the Group

Thread: Question for the Group

Question for the Group

I have the British Pacific Fleet Campaign 95% finished.

Current state of the world and my health being what they are, is anyone interested in my uploading what I have to the basement here and having someone finish up the Campaign?

OR

Upload all but the the Task Force 37 Main Island missions and I finish them up?

OR

Send them along to someone to finish them up and upload them?

I have all of the Aircraft, Ships, Campaigns, Missions, INFO, GSL, OBJECTS_DP, SCENEDB, UIRES zipped along with the Country config and mdlnames in a Docs folder.
    I have NOT done a Readme file as of yet.

All anyone would have do do is unzip each folder into a fresh install of CFS2 and then activate the scenery as usual.

Thoughts from the group?
    Thoughts from those who assisted me with the entire project?

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Library Staff
    Hi Lee,

Let's wait a little longer until Rami's back in the saddle, as he was involved in the project.

I've still got everything from five years ago. Would you like to send me your latest edition? UncleTgt may be interested as well.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Hiya DD,

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Your suggestion to upload what is done is pragmatic.

As the BPF history falls into distinct phases (Meridian - off Sumatra, Iceberg - between Okinawa & Formosa, TF37 - off Japan), & each uses widely separated sceneries I think it's natural to have these as "expansion packs" you could put into a basic "BPF" install.

To this end, I'm okay with you uploading everything you have completed so far (Meridian, Iceberg). If & when TF37 is completed to you liking you could upload that separately. If IIRC the Japanese Home Islands & the BPF targets there still needed some serious work.

This would also allow others to tinker/develop further content as they see fit.

Good News!

Mission Builder works on my new, high speed Win10 PC.

It didn't work on my office PC with Win10 even after Rami walked me through putting it under a totally Administrator profile.

When I loaded BPF Part One, none of the buildings or AA sites transferred over.
    Rebuilding the layouts now.

I suppose I should check the library to see what new ships and scenery have been created over the last year.....
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Hiya DD,

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Your suggestion to upload what is done is pragmatic.

As the BPF history falls into distinct phases (Meridian - off Sumatra, Iceberg - between Okinawa & Formosa, TF37 - off Japan), & each uses widely separated sceneries I think it's natural to have these as "expansion packs" you could put into a basic "BPF" install.

To this end, I'm okay with you uploading everything you have completed so far (Meridian, Iceberg). If & when TF37 is completed to you liking you could upload that separately. If IIRC the Japanese Home Islands & the BPF targets there still needed some serious work.

This would also allow others to tinker/develop further content as they see fit.
    I have them separated into four parts, I, Redux, Oolong, and TF37
    I have the CMG file for Part I.
    Have not added Redux and Oolong to the Part I CMG.

TF37 is almost a totally different install due to the different Japanese targets and co-mingling of USN, RN aircraft on missions.
    I also had to build a USN fleet group since some of the missions fly over USN convoy.
    There end up being a LOT of ships and aircraft in TF 37.

I think I am going to query Rami on the uploading.
    I text back and forth with him yesterday, but could not carry on a full conversation.
    I was substitute teaching and in classes without a prep period.

Also, MB does work, BUT, I am unable to modify existing missions.
    I can only build new ones.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Icon22 Reply...

Lee,

While I finished my practicum on the 19th of March, I am still working on a final dissertation and action research project until about the 6th of May. Finding time for CFS2 is going to be intermittent at best until then. I am also sarting a Long-Term Substitute position for a SPED teacher on maternity leave until the end of the year.

I have your BPF files zipped up and stored, so nothing has been lost.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Lee,

While I finished my practicum on the 19th of March, I am still working on a final dissertation and action research project until about the 6th of May. Finding time for CFS2 is going to be intermittent at best until then. I am also sarting a Long-Term Substitute position for a SPED teacher on maternity leave until the end of the year.

I have your BPF files zipped up and stored, so nothing has been lost.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Members who have read this thread: 0