engine vs atc volume

Thread: engine vs atc volume

SOH-CM-2023

engine vs atc volume

Hey all. I've got a slightly annoying sound issue I'm working with. I'm running V3 on my new system and when I get an atc message, the engine volume drops big time and then comes back eventually after the atc window closes. I've never encountered this before in my previous V3 install on the old system or in any of the ATC equipped sims (FS2002 and up...)
    You can't take the sky from me...

I assume you have probably Realtec sound - so unfortunately with a new update of WIN 10 this issue started. I have Realtec sound too and Windows destroyed my Realtec Audio Manager. But this is needed to change the sound sources to get back the correct sound adjustment inside the sim.
    Instead of my Audio Manager, Windows forced me on using its odd Realtec Audio Console which only worked once at the first installing of the latest Realtec Audio Driver. After this, Audio Console did not work anymore.

You have the choice between dozens of drivers -best trial is to use the original sound driver of your motherboard. Only a reinstall of your sound driver may solve the problem....Good luck!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Hey all. I've got a slightly annoying sound issue I'm working with. I'm running V3 on my new system and when I get an atc message, the engine volume drops big time and then comes back eventually after the atc window closes. I've never encountered this before in my previous V3 install on the old system or in any of the ATC equipped sims (FS2002 and up...)
    Decrease engine sound to 60% in the sim. Open W10 control panel, next Hardware and Sound, next Communication tab, tick Do Nothing. Restart PC.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks all for input on this - YoYo's fix worked for me

I have developed the same problem but now different - noted the sound volume issue but now it is splitting the ATC and other sounds between headphones and speakers, so if I plug in headphones I get engine, environment aircraft sounds through the headphones but ATC comes up on the speakers. Not sure where to resolve this as Win10 offers about 3 to 4 sound controllers (NVIDIA, RealTek and the Speaker system plugged in). Seems to confuse stereo sound with the hardware inputs/outputs etc.

On that issue ATC, I am about to ditch the use of ATC anyway, always dubious in FSX now stupid and worse P3D (very slow to respond to flight paths weird heading and paths to various points etc but completely erratic and over the top with frequency changes every 30 secs sometimes) how about recent vector onto a visual final that kept you at 10,000 ft at 5nm from final? Might work out in an F35 but in an old 4 engine piston ah nuh not without a 4000 fpm ROD to get to the threshold. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I have developed the same problem but now different - noted the sound volume issue but now it is splitting the ATC and other sounds between headphones and speakers, so if I plug in headphones I get engine, environment aircraft sounds through the headphones but ATC comes up on the speakers. Not sure where to resolve this as Win10 offers about 3 to 4 sound controllers (NVIDIA, RealTek and the Speaker system plugged in). Seems to confuse stereo sound with the hardware inputs/outputs etc.

On that issue ATC, I am about to ditch the use of ATC anyway, always dubious in FSX now stupid and worse P3D (very slow to respond to flight paths weird heading and paths to various points etc but completely erratic and over the top with frequency changes every 30 secs sometimes) how about recent vector onto a visual final that kept you at 10,000 ft at 5nm from final? Might work out in an F35 but in an old 4 engine piston ah nuh not without a 4000 fpm ROD to get to the threshold. But I digress.
    In P3D if you go to the options and choose the sound tab theres three dropdown boxes for "Primary Playback Device", "Voice Playback Device" & "Voice Capture Device".
    You can use those to tell it what sounds come from where.
    Primary Playback is for the engine sounds etc. and Voice Playback is for the ATC.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Dangerous Beans - Genius thanks for that. When all else fails read the manual!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko65 View Post
    Thanks all for input on this - YoYo's fix worked for me

Me Too!

Thanks YOYO!
    You can't take the sky from me...

Members who have read this thread: 0