A repaint with a story

Thread: A repaint with a story

A repaint with a story

In the FSX forum Tom Stovall mentioned he was looking for a nose art of an aircraft called Mischievous Mary II which was flown from Floridablanca, Luzon (Philippines). He had the plan to make a movie to celebrate the 97th birthday from one of its pilots. As this nose art wasn't available anywhere I volunteered to do it from scratch. As there was only a black and White photo from the nose art, the help from the original pilot was asked to define the colours. As I already did several repaints, both for FSX as FS9 version of the A-20G I already had a decent paintkit with quite some weathering. So I volunteered to do the complete repaint. For the movie the FSX version will be used, however for you I also did a FS2004 version.

From the readme:

This is a repaint for the FS2004 version of the excellent Douglas A-20G by Milton Shupe and team. The model can be found here at the SOH in the library. The repaint depicts the Douglas A-20G Mischievous Mary II flown from Floridablanca, Luzon (Philippines) during spring 1945. On several occasions the aircraft was flown by Lt. Robert Dicker of 312th Bomb Group on missions against the alcohol factories at Formosa. This repaint was done on request of Stovall and will be used in a short movie about these missions. The movie will be made to celebrate the 97th birthday of Robert Dicker, who is a friend of Stovall. To use these textures you should have the Douglas A-20G by Milton Shupe and team installed in FS2004.

It's available in the library, the FSX version will follow soon.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Very nice, have not flown the Boston in a while, thanks for the excuse too take her for a spin.

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0