Repeat of My FSX Question for FS2004 Malta

Thread: Repeat of My FSX Question for FS2004 Malta

Repeat of My FSX Question for FS2004 Malta

CFS2 has a GREAT Malta scenery package created by several of the scenery builders for CFS2.

I have searched the web for Malta scenery of equal quality and the only one which my be such is XGen for E16.60 payware.

Is anyone in the FS9 scenery hobby interested in building the beautiful cathedrals and Walled City of Mdina for Malta?
    The Microsoft scenery folks obviously have never been to Malta because they did a half-aXX job of building Malta scenery.
    No, make that 1/4 aXX job. Malta in both FSX and FS2004 doesn't even do the island nation justice.

The historic mosques, cathedrals, and forts are beautiful in real life. Many are not even there in MS Flight Sims.

Can the CFS2 bgls be converted to either/both FS2004 - FSX?
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Its something ive been playing around with, but there are problems, The biggest problem is the designer of the CFS2 objects has left the community so getting permission to use them with a different sim is an issue, that said, the bgls do work to a fashion but need to be dragged kicking and screaming into FS9. FS9 coasts a different and everyone is using different mesh sets, and the obs only sit properly on the land if know-one use's any mesh at all. Like i said, i am playing with the idea but it will only be for FS9 and you may have to wait a bit

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Its something ive been playing around with, but there are problems, The biggest problem is the designer of the CFS2 objects has left the community so getting permission to use them with a different sim is an issue, that said, the bgls do work to a fashion but need to be dragged kicking and screaming into FS9. FS9 coasts a different and everyone is using different mesh sets, and the obs only sit properly on the land if know-one use's any mesh at all. Like i said, i am playing with the idea but it will only be for FS9 and you may have to wait a bit
    Ian,

All good things are worth the wait...

My suggestion is that you pick the Malta mesh you are most comfortable with and make the scenery fit the mesh and landclass you like.
    For the rest of us, it is just one island and we will adapt to what you design.

I know when I built the Tuskegee Airmen campaign in CFS2 landing on Pantelleria was not an issue. It was fairly flat on the west side of the island where the airbase is.
    There was one runway, (8-26), and it was an easy glide path with no obstructions.
    In both FS9 and FSX there are 2 runways and both present some challenges, especially (3-21).
    So I understand your point of CFS2 mesh and FS9 mesh issues.

I just appreciate your willingness to look into it and possibly make it happen.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 0