I think a new update is coming through

Thread: I think a new update is coming through

I think a new update is coming through

Bar is moving ever so slowly from left to right on start-up Wonder what is going to be on the other side?

LouP

There is an update (hotfix) due today, no idea yet what is going to be fixed, hopefully whatever it was that caused the FPS issues after the last.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Indeed a patch inbound today:

Thank you so much for your continued engagement and feedback! Because of your feedback on performance/framerate issues we have been better able to diagnose the underlying problems. To help address some of these issues we are releasing a patch (1.14.6.0) that we anticipate will be available to download from the Windows Store and Steam tomorrow, March 26th.

The following issues will be addressed:

• Performance optimizations when flying close to large airports such as Dallas-Ft Worth (KDFW)
    • Performance optimizations of server requests when in the menus and during flight

While this fix may not address all performance related issues we believe this patch will help many of you get back to flying and encourage you to provide feedback on this patch as we continue to improve the sim performance with each future update. Thanks!

MSFS TEAM-

I just got and tested it. Don't think I gained back all the previous FPS that I lost but it is certainly a lot smoother now than before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloading now. I'll probably get some time to fly tomorrow. Working 8 hours + another 1½ commuting both ways doesn't leave much time for the sim through the week.

The second of three packages went into a loop. I shut it down and restarted. Now I'm redownloading 29.3 GB.
    I'm gonna go get supper and have a beer. It should be done when I get home...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Does anyone else have trouble assigning keys after the update? The fields to enter the keybinds simply do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Does anyone else have trouble assigning keys after the update? The fields to enter the keybinds simply do not exist.
    I just checked, all are there with my install post hotfix.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I just got and tested it. Don't think I gained back all the previous FPS that I lost but it is certainly a lot smoother now than before.
    Same experience here. I just went to an area in California where it was one of many geographical locations that I had dreadful performance following the previous update. With today's patch installed, although the FPS still aren't quite what they once were, it is very much improved over how it had been since the last update. Quite happy here.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Just CTD in the Galapagos. Really? of all places. lol

LouP

Supper, beer, conversation, back home, install is done. Did my usual content manager check to see if anything was due for an update - nothing there. I'll have to re-do my world map filter edit to get the defaults back to what I want, but that only takes a couple of minutes.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I just checked, all are there with my install post hotfix.
    Mine are also all there, I just can not assign any new ones or change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Mine are also all there, I just can not assign any new ones or change them.
    That is odd, just checked mine, I can add new inputs or change the originals. There does seem to be a change to the logic on it (the method of binding seems to have changed since I last needed to do so).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0