Texture Distortions on the F4F Wildcat

Thread: Texture Distortions on the F4F Wildcat

Texture Distortions on the F4F Wildcat

First of all, thank you very much Allen for answering me so quickly with pointing me out the propeller spin texture location on that plane. I was thus able to paint my spin the way I wanted to (see the picture below, marked as 1), at the expense of the fuselage though, which is a shame because there is still plenty of room available on that bitmap to position the spin texture elsewhere.

Texture Distortions :

2 - That black rectangle on the bitmap disappears and does not show up on the plane.

3 - The guns on the top left wing are distorted. The third gun on the F4F-4 is also distorted the same way. The top right wing, the bottom left wing and the bottom right wing are correct.

4 & 5 - Both the top left and right tailwing flaps are distorted. I deliberatly contrasted the bitmap to make it visible. Those lines, as shown on the plane, are not straight and they should not be angled either.

6 - The bottom left tailwing flap is distorted (this tailwing is from my own paint, by the way, I've included it on the bitmap and you can see the entire plane with my paint on the lower picture). Again, the lines should not be angled and should look the same as on the bottom right tailwing, which is correct.

7 - I don't know what this is but it does not look right.

I happen to have the F6F Hellcat, which also had a few texture distortions as well but those distortions have been fixed and I am very happy with my Hellcat that now looks so much better with nice and correct textures.

So I dare ask : could the Wildcat textures be also fixed just like the Hellcat's were ? That and the relocation of that propeller spin texture, please. It would be most appreciated.

Thank you so much for your kind help and cooperation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildcat.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1