Boscombe Down

Thread: Boscombe Down

SOH-CM-2023

Boscombe Down

Hi All,

Anybody know a good Boscombe Down for FS9? I have the one from the uk airfields but its kinda...plain.

Thanks,
    Sean

Have you checked the Military AI works site? Check the complete packages as often scenery is included in the package and not available separately.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Have you checked the Military AI works site? Check the complete packages as often scenery is included in the package and not available separately.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanks Huub,

I looked there first. It seems odd that a place as important to aviation as BD nobody has modeled it. Unless Im blowing its importance out of proportion.

You're right the place has been quite important and most probably still is. I had a quick look as well, but couldn't anything at the MAIW site. The only thing I was able to find elsewhere was a AFCAD file. As MAIW has gone forward as well, I don't expect a Boscombe Down for FS9 from them any more.

Maybe the AFCAD could be a start for somebody who is willing to put some building from the MAIW libraries on it (just wishful thinking )

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    You're right the place has been quite important and most probably still is. I had a quick look as well, but couldn't anything at the MAIW site. The only thing I was able to find elsewhere was a AFCAD file. As MAIW has gone forward as well, I don't expect a Boscombe Down for FS9 from them any more.

Maybe the AFCAD could be a start for somebody who is willing to put some building from the MAIW libraries on it (just wishful thinking )

Cheers,
    Huub
    Whats weird is that MAIW didnt even do one for FSX or P3D. Almost like they were told not to.....hahahaha

Sean

Sean,

I found one at UKflightsim (UKFS Boscombe Down for FSX.zip), but may needs some tweaking. (It loaded in my fs9)
    And there used to be one from UK2000, it was made freeware years ago, but isn't on their site now.

Regards,

Jan

Members who have read this thread: 1