PTO Scenery Upgrade

Thread: PTO Scenery Upgrade

PTO Scenery Upgrade

Hi guys, gonna attempt to upgrade PTO's appearance today. Last week I switched display settings from 16 to 32 bit and noticed that when I did that to my C drive install, it also changed it in a backup on SS D drive. My plan was to make the changes to the scenery on another version I have on a external drive in case I botch it up. Now I'm wondering if the changes will occur across all 3 installs. If so, where is a safe place to store a backup copy?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210324_122754192.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	318.1 KB 
ID:	82171So I installed Gecko's PTO upgrade this morning. I can see the improvement, but I'm getting a white block on the horizon. If I pan to the sides, it looks great. Also have large yellow blocks as shell casings.....thoughts?

Looks like you're missing a sun texture for the big white block. The shell casings are also a missing texture from effects/fxtextures, but this would not be related to installing my PTO environment.

Hmmmm, Sun Texture? Let me see what's up with that. Thanks Gecko!

Sun effect was the culprit.....now I have to figure out the shell casing thing, there's also no tracers. Suspect that's connected somehow?

They should all be included in the download, or are stock. Your shell casing texture is stock too, and apparently missing, so your install is either incomplete or something got deleted accidentally.

None of the Jap or USN AC have tracers, some of the Army do. Weird

Sounds like you've got a number of problems with this install. May need to reinstall it.

Well, I put another Effects XML file in and it seems fine. From a distance, islands/atolls appear white until I get close....so that's another issue

Members who have read this thread: 0