FSX CTD following Thomas Ruth 727 mega-pack installation

Thread: FSX CTD following Thomas Ruth 727 mega-pack installation

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

FSX CTD following Thomas Ruth 727 mega-pack installation

Installed the Thomas Ruth 727 mega pack last week into one copy of my FSX install and since that time have had a number of CTDs on different copies of my FSX installations. I am not sure if Ruth's pack is totally suspect here because sometimes the CTDs occur on different installations, and sometimes they don't. The packs were installed by me into the 1960s airliners copy of FSX and there have been no problems with that sim after the first CTD; last night I was starting a different copy of FSX in which I have all prop-driven payware installed; there never was as problem with that copy until after the 727 mega-pack installation on a totally-different copy of the sim, which is also on another drive. I'm wondering if it might have anything to do with the "Red Panda" app which shows up in all copies of the sim.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This thing is allowing setup of the flight and choice of aircraft to be used, however, shortly after getting into the cockpit there is a freeze in the display followed by CTD. I've tried replacing the UIAutomationcore.dll per one recommendation and that allowed one flawless flight last night, but back to the usual antics this morning. Tried going in using the default powered glider and switching to an add-on aircraft, but still the CTD happens. I've also been told the Red Panda installation on my machine (which I've been told is associated with SSW) may be at fault, in that if it does not start it will cause a CTD. I have NOT deactivated that but do get a msg saying Red Panda could not start, activate manually. No instructions I've seen on how that's done, although I've been in the SimSkunkWorks/WebSim Connect folder and examined the contents.

More important question is where did you get the mega pack from!!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 0