F7F Tigercat wanted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F7F Tigercat wanted

F7F Tigercat wanted

I'd like to download the F7F Tigercat. Where are they?

It would appear that other than the original FS9 version by Milton Shupe, all others have been removed. When, where or if the updated versions will be uploaded on any other site is unknown to me at this point. You might try flightsim dot com.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I think they were part of the stuff Gman posted and were removed when that kerfuffle occurred.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    I think they were part of the stuff Gman posted and were removed when that kerfuffle occurred.
    Dave
    Yep, the whole thing is a shame. Excellent models that may never see the light of day again.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yep, the whole thing is a shame. Excellent models that may never see the light of day again.
    Yes it is. The members took a real beating with that one. The beautiful Lockheed Jetstar...such a loss...

Maybe it's time for all those involved, bury the hatchet, make amends where necessary, forgive indiscretions and move past any injustices that might have occurred. Life is too short to harbor bad feelings and allow things that got out of hand to rule the day. Just my humble opinion.

Well said Mitch.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Well said Mitch.
    Yes, and in a perfect world this might possibly conclude with a joyful reunification of the parties involved. However, in my opinion, too many feathers have been ruffled among the site command staff for this to ever occur here. Too bad, Gordon had amazing talents, hopefully he will share them elsewhere. I'll be looking...

The OMS

The F7F Tigercat will be missed for sure. One thing I want to make clear after reading the post above, this was a one sided issue. SOH has rules for posting. Those rules were violated. The result after mention the posting was in violation caused a one sided reaction threatening legal action against us. SOH administrators tried their best to solve the issue. It became obvious after doing our best to resolve the situation there was no way for reconciliation. The results are a big disappointment to all. Rules are rules. Hopefully the Tigercat files will show up at another site.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks for clearing that up Tom. Any criticism of Admin's action was certainly not my intention, only that this situation resulted in a great loss to us all. Have one on me sir...

The Old MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Well said Mitch.
    Agree, life's too short.

The Tigercat is Milton Shupe's model and only converted into native FSX by Gordon, so when anybody else wants to convert it into FSX native this shouldn't be a problem. However I have always understood that the FS9 Tigercat models all work without major problems in FSX.

Gordon has received a full back-up from all his files from the SOH from DangerousDave. So it shouldn't be a problem for him to make his files available elsewhere. But I'm afraid there wasn't a Jetstar, Abrams Explorer, or Buffalo among them and I have serious doubts whether they will ever be released. I'm afraid the Jetstar will go the same direction as the Vertigo B-25, the Warbirdsim P-39 , the A2A T-33 and many others.

But as already mentioned a few time. Life is too short, so I would appreciate it when people would start to focus on other things we already have and not remain sad about a model which they might not get.

Cheers,
    Huub

Anybody willing to share?

OK, I get what happened. Is anybody willing to share their copy of the FSX F7F with me?

Given the circumstances that lead up to the present situation I'd suggest 'sharing' would be a bad idea.
    As suggested, the FS9 Tigercat works in FSX with some glitches, worth a try.
    I can't confirm as I dumped FSX long ago.
    If any 'sharing' were to take place it would need to be very discreet, not that I'm advocating such a move.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by ericrab View Post
    OK, I get what happened. Is anybody willing to share their copy of the FSX F7F with me?
    This one works OK in FSX

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=205&id=3480

Ttfn

Pete

This is the one I have. It seems to be a port-over for FSX:

This is an unfinished version of the FS2004 F7F-3 Model by Milton Shupe Prepared for Early Release.

FSX Port Over testing reveals 737-Autopilot will not work, but prop, window textures and other textures, and flight model are fine.

NOTE: This whole aircraft is temporary in terms of its full and complete intended release status. It is all a Work-In-Process. Texture mapping on this release is temporary and will be changed.

Flight Model by Tom Falley;

Panel by Paul Beaudoin aka "PRB", Gauges by Scott Thomas, Richard Murray aka "Real_Old_Salt", and Mike Wagner, temporary textures by Frantz LOWZ and Mike Zola, and sounds made especially for this F7F by Gary Jones.

The ferry fuel tank is droppable thanks to a gauge by Robert Sanderson. See the left-most icon on the panel, a downward pointing arrow.

The wing fold and tailhook are fully functional.

Youtube video of and F7F-3 short takeoff: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Vb3m...eature=related

OTHER CREDITS

Pilot Figure by Craig Richardson ("Full")
    Tire tread by Manfred Jahn
    Wing night light effects(Newll) by Kaveh Payandeh
    Wheel, rocket, bomb, and external tank textures by Damian Radice
    Smoke effects by Roland Berger; controlling gauge by Hans-J�rg Naegele (not included in this version).
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    This is the one I have. It seems to be a port-over for FSX:

This is an unfinished version of the FS2004 F7F-3 Model by Milton Shupe Prepared for Early Release.

FSX Port Over testing reveals 737-Autopilot will not work, but prop, window textures and other textures, and flight model are fine.

NOTE: This whole aircraft is temporary in terms of its full and complete intended release status. It is all a Work-In-Process. Texture mapping on this release is temporary and will be changed.

Flight Model by Tom Falley;

Panel by Paul Beaudoin aka "PRB", Gauges by Scott Thomas, Richard Murray aka "Real_Old_Salt", and Mike Wagner, temporary textures by Frantz LOWZ and Mike Zola, and sounds made especially for this F7F by Gary Jones.

The ferry fuel tank is droppable thanks to a gauge by Robert Sanderson. See the left-most icon on the panel, a downward pointing arrow.

The wing fold and tailhook are fully functional.

Youtube video of and F7F-3 short takeoff: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Vb3m...eature=related

OTHER CREDITS

Pilot Figure by Craig Richardson ("Full")
    Tire tread by Manfred Jahn
    Wing night light effects(Newll) by Kaveh Payandeh
    Wheel, rocket, bomb, and external tank textures by Damian Radice
    Smoke effects by Roland Berger; controlling gauge by Hans-J�rg Naegele (not included in this version).
    I believe it was "Early Release" in order to be able to use it for the "Round The World Race" many, many years ago. I may be wrong but I do remember the airplane being "unfinished" in a sense with a temporary VC panel (which was actually pretty nice as I remember). It was after the Race that it technically went into the hangar for major updates, which were still ongoing until recently when they were removed as mentioned above.
    Last edited by falcon409; March 25th, 2021 at 10:28.

Current System Specs:

Hello simmers and friends,

Having retired from all things sim related, I am not around much. But I still receive email on occasion.

Just a reminder, all of my projects' gmax source for FS9 and FSX has been uploaded to FSDeveloper in the Resources section. So anyone wishing to use that to enhance or upgrade my projects may do that. Furthermore, anyone wishing to use MCX to do conversions may do that as well.

I have granted permissions to a number of people of the last few months to convert or upgrade some of our projects. Today, I did that for the F7F series so you may hear more about that soon should he decide to move ahead with the project.

I no longer use the sims or the tools for modeling so cannot do support in any meaningful way. All my "stuff" is now archived.

Hope you all continue to enjoy the sims and life in the fast lane. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi Milton, hope you are keeping well in retirement

Ttfn

Pete

A free pilots handbook.

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com...-handbook.html

Try the alternate download site.

Hey Milton! Great to hear from you. I hope you're enjoying your retirement as much as I'm enjoying mine. Thanks again for the years of hard work and all the great planes. (D18 still my favorite!) Morty

Video

Nice startup and in cockpit flying.

Seen F7F's at Duxford and always taken with how thin the fuselage cross section is.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The latest one not available anywhere, at least where I've been able to look.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    The latest one not available anywhere, at least where I've been able to look.
    Correct, read the previous posts that explain why that is.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 2