Madagascar Campaign

Thread: Madagascar Campaign

Icon22 Madagascar Campaign

I have just tried to install the Ironclad campaign three times and each time I came up with the campaign needed to be reinstalled because of corrupted files and the quick combat could not be started. I had 38 aircraft and 66 ships and the scenery for the campaign installed. I could still fly the Campaign and every thing worked withe exception of free flight and quick combat. is there an updated version somewhere or has someone made this version work?

SOH-CM-2020

Madagascar Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I have just tried to install the Ironclad campaign three times and each time I came up with the campaign needed to be reinstalled because of corrupted files and the quick combat could not be started. I had 38 aircraft and 66 ships and the scenery for the campaign installed. I could still fly the Campaign and every thing worked withe exception of free flight and quick combat. is there an updated version somewhere or has someone made this version work?
    Hi Marty,

as it happens I installed the Ironclad Campaign by Dombral recently. I had downloaded it years ago, so I may not be using the same version of you, if you downloaded yours recently.

The version I have was pretty much a manual install, so if yours was the same I can't see that it would have any effect on QC or Free Flight. All I can think of is that you have run into the "100 aircraft limit", which as you know isn't necessarily happening because you have 100 aircraft or more. In fact in my experience the killer thing that causes the problem seems to be how many files you have in the OBJECTS_DP folder.

The limit to how many object .dp files you can have doesn't seem to be a hard and fast number, but seems to be around 1,500 - but it could be lower. The thread where I got help on this from the gurus in the past is at

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...t=#post1140990

If it isn't anything to do with that, I'd suggest that you take a virgin qc_plane.qcb file from a clean CFS2 install and see if that fixes the problem. In my experience the qc_plane.qcb file gets screwed up pretty easily - but not by campaign installs!

Good luck,

cheers,

SW

I installed Ironclad a coupple of days ago in a CLEAN cfs2 installation,folloowed the instruction carefully and every thing was as perfect as an ond campaign can perform. But I have faced your problem before in other campaigns and be sure that only the ships needed for this campaign are installed plus the stock ones ,I know that there is some "problem ships", unfortunately I can't rememcer wish one .Try to delete ships not needed, no guaranty for succes Killer Svend

Library Staff
    Marty, I flew the entire campaign without any problems when it was first released.

It does sound like the OBJECTS_DP count may be too high.

Members who have read this thread: 0