Germany_Austria_Landmarks

Thread: Germany_Austria_Landmarks

Library Staff

Germany_Austria_Landmarks

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery - Library objects

Description: This is a collection of FSX landmarks as well as one FS98 landmark for Germany, Austria and Switzerland converted into CFS2 non destructible GSL objects.

The German objects comprise of:

Berlin - Berlinerdom, Berlinmuseum, Bode Museum, Brandenburg Gate, Charlottenburg Palace, Deutscherdom, Franzdom, Gedachtniskirche, National Galerie, Pergamon Museum, Rathaus, Reichstag, Siegessaule and Tempelhof Terminal;

Cologne Cathedral;

Hamburg - Rathaus, St Katharinen, St Michaelis, St Nikolai and St Petri churches;

Munich - Frauenkirche, NeuesRathaus and Nymphenburg Palace.

The Austrian objects comprise of:

Salzburg - Franciscan Church, Hohensalzburg Castle, SalzburgerDom and St Peters Abbey;

Vienna - Rathaus, Riesenrad, Schloss Schonbrunn, Stephansdom, St Leopold and Votivkirche.

The Swiss Chillon Castle on Lake Geneva and a generic damaged church are also included.

Special thanks go to Stefan Breuer for allowing me to convert his excellent rendition of the Tempelhof Terminal built for FS98.

by Kevin Driver

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Germany_Austria_Landmarks
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Here are some screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Berlin 3.jpg   Berlin 4.jpg   Chillon Castle.jpg   Vienna 2.jpg   Salzburg.jpg   Cologne.jpg  

Superb Kevin!

Really nice additions, and the Templehof is a good one, many thanks for doing these.

Cheers

Shessi

Smashing job Kev - does FSX have any useful landmarks for Asia/PTO? here's hoping

Library Staff
    Thanks Mark & John,

There are a number of Japanese castles, Raffles in Singapore, the Forbidden City in Beijing and the Bund in Shanghai. The rest of the oriental buildings are modern.

There is of course the Sydney Harbour Bridge which I have used for my unpublished Rose Bay flying boat base and the Japanese midget submarine attack in 1942.

I've converted the remainder of the FSX Italian landmarks as well as those in Moscow and Leningrad. There are many great models for Britain and France, particularly in the capitals, which I have on the list.

Do you have any preferences?

In addition, Pat Pattle has sent me his large collection of CFS3 RAF and ETO objects which I've begun converting.

We have a good collection of Berlin/Frankfurt/German buildings in our inventory. As you can see from the screen shots, I've used them in expanding Berlin. There is still some more work to do there. The Cologne, Hamburg, Munich and Vienna city centres also need expanding. Any GSL work I do has to tie in with Rami's, Achim's, Ettico's and Kurt's surrounding GSL scenery.

Cheers,
    Kev

P.S. The Swiss textures worked well on your overhauled Hawker Hind Mark.

Great selection of buildings. Templehof is especially useful.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Great job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    There are many great models for Britain and France, particularly in the capitals, which I have on the list.

Do you have any preferences?
    Paris!

Wonderfull work! On those periods when travelling is a bit difficult, a nice invitation to virtual travels

Many thanks
    Martin

Does anyone know if you can add air bases to italy, greece, and north africa that can be accessed from the theater of europe scenary.

only the northern countries are listed

Hi Kevin
    Great work.
    Is there a Hofbrau Haus in Munich?
    Take Care
    Stuart

Thank You Kdriver eye candy is always nice

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi Kevin
    Great work.
    Is there a Hofbrau Haus in Munich?
    Take Care
    Stuart
    Hi Stuart,

Pat Pattle has made us an English country pub. Will that do for now?

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ACC_Jackdaw_Inn.jpg  

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    Does anyone know if you can add air bases to italy, greece, and north africa that can be accessed from the theater of europe scenary.

only the northern countries are listed
    Hi Max,

You can fly anywhere in the world as long as you're happy with northern European ground textures.

The only problem is duplication of airbase IDs in the airbases.dat file. I have the one airbases.dat file for all of Europe (ETO, MTO & EF). I had to change many IDs. I tried to change IDs which weren't being used in missions to avoid having to hand edit the missions with the new ID.

Lovely work Kevin. Love the ferris wheel for Vienna. Orson Welles would be pleased!

Hi Max,

You can fly anywhere in the world as long as you're happy with northern European ground textures.

The only problem is duplication of airbase IDs in the airbases.dat file. I have the one airbases.dat file for all of Europe (ETO, MTO & EF). I had to change many IDs. I tried to change IDs which weren't being used in missions to avoid having to hand edit the missions with the new ID.
    what are the id?It is possible to have the same complete theater with all the air bases, obviously using the default textures of the European theater, which are good for North Africa since it also has desert textures and they look very good?

Do you have your Greece, Italy and North Africa with bases? I would like to have your work if so.

Library Staff
    This is the airbases.dat file ID:

[runway.0]
    id=9000
    name=Abbeville
    base_lat=N50 10.45
    base_lon=E1 51.31
    base_alt=190
    heading=270
    allegiance=0
    units_across=2
    takeoff_start_pos=10,0
    takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
    landing_start_pos=5000,350
    landing_touchdown_pos=60,0
    landing_stop_pos=950,0

You can have everything from Norway to Egypt if you wish. Just install all the airfield scenery packages in either the ADDON or SCENEDB folders. Keeping them in their geographical areas, activate them as separate layers in the Scenery Library after starting the sim and going into settings.

However, there is an approximate limit of 200 *_AFD.bgl files. I'm in the process of consolidating Achim's AFD files into one for each of his scenery packages. Until this is done, you won't be able to have all your airfield scenery layers active at the same time.

Give this a try and let us know if you have any problems.

This is the airbases.dat file ID:

[runway.0]
    id=9000
    name=Abbeville
    base_lat=N50 10.45
    base_lon=E1 51.31
    base_alt=190
    heading=270
    allegiance=0
    units_across=2
    takeoff_start_pos=10,0
    takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
    landing_start_pos=5000,350
    landing_touchdown_pos=60,0
    landing_stop_pos=950,0

You can have everything from Norway to Egypt if you wish. Just install all the airfield scenery packages in either the ADDON or SCENEDB folders. Keeping them in their geographical areas, activate them as separate layers in the Scenery Library after starting the sim and going into settings.

However, there is an approximate limit of 200 *_AFD.bgl files. I'm in the process of consolidating Achim's AFD files into one for each of his scenery packages. Until this is done, you won't be able to have all your airfield scenery layers active at the same time.

Give this a try and let us know if you have any problems.
    I do not understand the question well, I tell him what I need, in the European theater I can go to North Africa, let's go to the case of Egypt, but there is no defined air base, I can add structures from the stage editor, but It does not allow me to add air bases, I do not want to load new particular scenarios that are pieces, but to expand the European theater in order to have airports in Europe and the Mediterranean, including Egypt. You tell me that the objects are not to exceed 200 bgl, but if we count the air bases that there are, they do not reach 200, of which I suspect that a few more could be added. Someone should do a study of the main air bases From southern Europe and North Africa, so locate the points where the air bases that we are going to add would go. Do you know if there is anything made of this? or in which file are the geographic points added so that an air base appears?

I have the msn_bldr_spt_pack file in this pack there are airbases.dat files but separated

ATO: Alaska/Aleutian Islands
    CBI: China, Burma, India
    East Europe: The eastern front (Russia, Finland, Romania, Etc.)
    ETO: European Theater (France, Finland, Britain, Germany)
    MTO: Mediterranean Theater (Italy, Balkans, North Africa)
    PTO: Pacific Theater
    SWPTO: South West Pacific Theater (Australia, DEI)
    SE Asia: Indo China (for WW II, French Indo China & VN)
    USA: The main coastal areas of the United States
    WW I: These entries track the trenches from the Atlantic to Switzerland

I need at least the ETO + MTO in the same file, I could suppress non-important air bases for the main ones to enter but I would like a single scenario, to be able to travel from France or Germany to Italy or Egypt.
    Last edited by Maxstuka; March 23rd, 2021 at 21:24.

"Do you have any preferences?"

Kevin, anything for Stalingrad?

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    "Do you have any preferences?"

Kevin, anything for Stalingrad?
    Hi Mike,

There's only the Kremlin in Moscow and four cathedrals and the Hermitage in Leningrad.

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    I do not understand the question well, I tell him what I need, in the European theater I can go to North Africa, let's go to the case of Egypt, but there is no defined air base, I can add structures from the stage editor, but It does not allow me to add air bases, I do not want to load new particular scenarios that are pieces, but to expand the European theater in order to have airports in Europe and the Mediterranean, including Egypt. You tell me that the objects are not to exceed 200 bgl, but if we count the air bases that there are, they do not reach 200, of which I suspect that a few more could be added. Someone should do a study of the main air bases From southern Europe and North Africa, so locate the points where the air bases that we are going to add would go. Do you know if there is anything made of this? or in which file are the geographic points added so that an air base appears?
    I have the msn_bldr_spt_pack file in this pack there are airbases.dat files but separated
    I need at least the ETO + MTO in the same file, I could suppress non-important air bases for the main ones to enter but I would like a single scenario, to be able to travel from France or Germany to Italy or Egypt.
    Have you downloaded all the ETO, MTO and EF airfield scenery packages by Achim, Captain Kurt, Gary Burns, Ian Elliot, Cees Donker and me?

If not, do so and leaving them in their original folders, place them in in either the ADDON or SCENEDB folders. Install them via the Scenery Library after starting the sim. Only activate the scenery layers you are using for a particular flight, e.g. Italy and North Africa.

See if free flight is working, then we'll sort out the airbases.dat.

Have you downloaded all the ETO, MTO and EF airfield scenery packages by Achim, Captain Kurt, Gary Burns, Ian Elliot, Cees Donker and me?

If not, do so and leaving them in their original folders, place them in in either the ADDON or SCENEDB folders. Install them via the Scenery Library after starting the sim. Only activate the scenery layers you are using for a particular flight, e.g. Italy and North Africa.

See if free flight is working, then we'll sort out the airbases.dat.
    I am working on uploading the collection of breakable airplanes, could you find me please the links where I can download those particular packs of scenarios that you are talking about, I am very interested because I have little left to finish with airplanes and ships, and I want to start with the scenarios .

Library Staff
    They are all in the CFS2 Scenery section of this website.

They are all in the CFS2 Scenery section of this website.
    this is the scenaries that you said?

CFS2 Acropolis with the Parthenon - Athens.zip

A simple Acropolis and Parthenon in Athens scenery for CFS2 by Shessi

Includes textures to have a see-through gaps in the Parthenon columns or solid ones, you might prefer one over the other.

Discussion Thread

JHS_Italy_revised.zip

JHS_Greece.zip

This is a package of 30 airfields and seaplane bases in Greece.

Almyros, Amfiklia, Argos, Calato, Calato seaplane, Eleusis, Heraklion, Kalabaka, Kalamata, Karpathos, Karpathos seaplane, Kitros, Kitros seaplane, Koaklaina, Larissa, Malemes, Malemes seaplane, Menedi, Milos, Milos seaplane, Molaoi, Paramythia, Piraeus, Piraeus seaplane, Retimo, Sedes, Trikala, Yania, Yithion, and Yithion seaplane.

I made some of these airfields already some years ago for Rami's Hellas and Pattle campaigns. But then, they were made to match the stock textures and mesh. These were updated with my December, 2012 release of the new Balkan airfields, but Sedes, Amfiklia, Karpathos, Molaoi, Menedi, Koaklaina, Kalamata, Kalabaka, Argos, and Almyros are all new airfields.

This package is made to fit Sander de Cocq's Eurw area, EW textures, coastlines and all of the recent Rhumbaflappy mesh and watermasks.

Every airfield provides fuel in front of tanks or oil drums and many of them have landing lights for night time operations.

NOTE: This package is a replacement / update for the December, 2012 Greece_Alb.zip package, and was updated on 27 February, 2016 to include a new airfield at Amfiklia and a relocated airbase at Paramythia, Greece.
    Dombral_Mediterranean_Scenery_suite.zip

This is Dombral’s Mediterranean Scenery Suite. In this package, you will find a total of fourteen new Mediterranean ports in five different countries, and a further eight towns in these countries as well.

Kdriver has been generous enough to provide seven seaplane takeoff points to allow you to enjoy much of the scenery up close.

This GSL scenery for France, Italy, and North Africa will be utilized in the Battle of France when the action shifts to the south.

It is important to note that Dombral is the primary architect of this package, not myself. I did make some contributions to the ports in this package, but Dombral was the original designer of much of this scenery. Releasing this is an homage to the quality of his scenery work that often draws little attention.

Several users have given a lot of time and energy creating objects that are used in this GSL scenery. Thanks go to Wolfi, Pen32Win, Xavierb, Brunosk, Davmag, Gius, Canion, Kdriver, Usio, Tobob, Canion, Gary20, Allen, Lindsay Watt, and Cees Donker. Many thanks go out to all of them for their generosity and selflessness.

Dombral, Kdriver, and Rami

Where is Egipto and the pyramids?
    It is difficult to know which of the scenarios is because there are several in which you appear, only that some are specific such as Rome and the Colosseum and others that say that it is Italy in general and you figure

Maxstuka,

Go to our library and download my Tuskegee Airmen Campaigns.
    It has North Africa, Italy, Central Europe airbases all in the same airbase.dat file.
    I had to do so for the broad area of the T.A. missions.

That may be what you are looking for. The airbase.dat has 243 airbase entries in North Africa, the Mediterranean, and Central Europe.
    If not, it will certainly give you a good start for an airbase.dat which covers many of the bases you are looking for.

What kdriver is talking about is OBJECTS in your OBJECTS_DB folder.
    It also does not like more than 200 AF2___.bgl files. I always separate those out into the AFD folder in my SCENEDB folder.
    CFS2 does not like too many objects, nor does it like an mdlnames file which is too large.

Devildog73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 0