KBAB Beale AFB released

Thread: KBAB Beale AFB released

KBAB Beale AFB released

The scenery is now available from Milviz: https://milviz.com/flight/products/KBAB/index.php

There is a free complementary MAIW AI package made specially for the scenery here: https://militaryaiworks.com/download...y-update-1-0-1

I wish to thank all who helped me with info and developer tips.

Special thanks to centuryseries!

Fantastic job! Crg and TY
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Dimus.

Looks awesome, installing as I write. What is the best OrbX Northern California Scenery out of the three listed in the installer?

If Milviz aren't releasing their excellent SR-71 for P3D, do you mind if mine call it home once they've been released?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Thanks Dimus.

Looks awesome, installing as I write. What is the best OrbX Northern California Scenery out of the three listed in the installer?

If Milviz aren't releasing their excellent SR-71 for P3D, do you mind if mine call it home once they've been released?
    It would be my honor to host your fantastic Blackbird!

My personal preference is for the ORBX NA NorCal. The default photoreal that comes with the scenery installer is adapted to that package. For the others the MVAMS will download and install them from the MV server, so it takes some time. It was to reduce the size of the installer.

ORBX Global base is not bad either. I do not like the ORBX True Earth version as it is "too red" imho, but I had to make a file that matched for those who have it and use it.

Thanks!

Understood about the installer

Will look up the ORBX NA NorCal as currently I have default, which is not exactly the best and this new base definitely deserves it.

Been taking her for a spin, awesome scenery! I need to work out how to get the MAIW traffic, I downloaded and installed it before Beale had finished installing, so I might need to do that again. Great job Dimus, PBR really brings out the detail

Been taking her for a spin, awesome scenery! I need to work out how to get the MAIW traffic, I downloaded and installed it before Beale had finished installing, so I might need to do that again. Great job Dimus, PBR really brings out the detail
    Wow! Great shots! Thanks! Of all people I'm sure glad that you like it!

The traffic installation should be automatic and they would appear. Is your traffic slider over 1%? If it is and they do not show up, better run the traffic package installer again, choose to uninstall and then run it again to reinstall. If it still does not work then we will have a look at the folder structure.

I've got all air traffic sliders at 100%, and saw a T-38 come in to land, but after landing it disappeared while taxying, I also have default ACME Turboprops on the ground, I must've not loaded it right. I've uninstalled the MAIW exe and reinstalled it, but is there something else I should be doing? It shows up in the Addon list within P3D, and it installs to Documents P3D V5 addons folder.

Loving the dynamic lighting in the hangars!

I redownloaded the package from MAIW to recheck and I reinstalled everything. It seems to work fine here.

Can you try running MVAMS (with P3D not running) select the time period and click "Save Defaults"? Then check if on the "\Milviz Beale AFB\Scenery" folder there is a file named Traffic_Beale_MAIW_CUR.bgl or Traffic_Beale_MAIW_SR.bgl, depending on the time period selected.

Just had a look and the SR.bgl is there.

Its odd because clearly P3D 5.1 can place default AI in the parking spots. I did notice lots of error=Taxiway path with 0 width in the content log, but no idea if that makes any difference. AI air traffic is at 100% for all. Tried switching from retro to modern load P3D exit, switch back but neither seems to show AI traffic in the parking spots.

Scenery Not Showing P3d5.1

Good day sir, first I have to say the scenery looks absolutely amazing and P3d 4.5. However I can not get it to load properly into 5.1. As far as I can tell none of the scenery is working, aside from the T-38 Ai. Which brings up another point, I can’t get the MAIW traffic to show in either sim. I am using ORBX NorCal True Earth in both 4.5 and 5.1. In 5.1 only the ORBX Beale shown, so I manually disabled it by adding .off to the end of the 3 ORBX files.

Any ideas or tips? Thank you sir,

-Preston

Just had a look and the SR.bgl is there.

Its odd because clearly P3D 5.1 can place default AI in the parking spots. I did notice lots of error=Taxiway path with 0 width in the content log, but no idea if that makes any difference. AI air traffic is at 100% for all. Tried switching from retro to modern load P3D exit, switch back but neither seems to show AI traffic in the parking spots.
    Can you show me the contents of the ...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Milviz KBAB AI\add-on.xml file?

To Preston:

Can you please check in ORBX Central that the insertion point for ORBX Airports and Regions is set below KBAB?

For the AI, can you also show me the contents of the ...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Milviz KBAB AI\add-on.xml file?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Can you show me the contents of the ...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Milviz KBAB AI\add-on.xml file?
    Her eyou go:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>MAIW-Milviz KBAB AI</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>MAIW AI FOR KBAB</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>L:\P3Dv4 addons\MAIW-Milviz KBAB AI\Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scripts</Category>
    <Path>L:\P3Dv4 addons\MAIW-Milviz KBAB AI\Scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Texture</Category>
    <Path>L:\P3Dv4 addons\MAIW-Milviz KBAB AI\Texture</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>L:\P3Dv4 addons\MAIW-Milviz KBAB AI\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    </SimBase.Document>

It looks like you have an older version of the AI package. When did you download it from MAIW? Is it version 1.0.1?

If it is version 1.0 please uninstall, then redownload the file from MAIW and reinstall.

Edit: As you can see all the path names are wrong. The installer should automatically adapt these paths with the correct ones. This was the bug with the 1.0 installer and this is why I replaced it with the 1.0.1 which had this bug corrected. If it does not then if you edit all these paths and input the correct ones the AI should appear. Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    It looks like you have an older version of the AI package. When did you download it from MAIW? Is it version 1.0.1?

If it is version 1.0 please uninstall, then redownload the file from MAIW and reinstall.

Edit: As you can see all the path names are wrong. The installer should automatically adapt these paths with the correct ones. This was the bug with the 1.0 installer and this is why I replaced it with the 1.0.1 which had this bug corrected. If it does not then if you edit all these paths and input the correct ones the AI should appear. Please let me know.
    I googled it: https://militaryaiworks.com/download...le-afb-scenery which is the V1. Didn't realise there's a more recent one!

Correct link for V1.01 is https://militaryaiworks.com/download...y-update-1-0-1

Tested and working, thanks Dimus!

Really liking this one!!

Thanks for a well-done AFB scenery!

Has caused me to dust off my old Area51 Dragon Lady, and come to find it actually WORKS in v5.1!! Considering how old that it is, its remarkable. Can't wait for the upcoming Blackbird/Habu once it rolls out for P3D.

Thanks again.

Bill

Tested and working, thanks Dimus!
    Good to know!
    I had the correct direct link to 1.0.1 in my original post. Normally the 1.0 should not be available any more.

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    Thanks for a well-done AFB scenery!

Has caused me to dust off my old Area51 Dragon Lady, and come to find it actually WORKS in v5.1!! Considering how old that it is, its remarkable. Can't wait for the upcoming Blackbird/Habu once it rolls out for P3D.

Thanks again.

Bill
    Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it with a Dragon Lady.

Thank You Dimus, the Updated Ai and the ORBX insertion point fixed my install! They are both working as designed in 5.1

-Preston

Members who have read this thread: 2