Spitfire Mk Vb

Thread: Spitfire Mk Vb

Spitfire Mk Vb

Due to the significant changes from the Mk 1a we felt that it be better to have it's own thread. Here's a video

List of changes

Can a list of changes from the Mk1 be listed..?
    After having read of the numerous possible options for 5b's it would help for an informed purchase.
    I realize its a WIP and subject to change.

The MkV differs in many ways to the Mk1A. Some of the major ones include engine exhausts, power output, armament (the Vb's "B" wing has wing cannon x 2 and Browning machine guns x 4) HF and IFF aeriels, oil cooler housing and much more. In the cockpit, the rudder pedals have twin treads. The upper tread position enabled the pilot to control rudder better under high G loads. Boost coil switch is added, a single tank selector lever, IFF equipment, different pressure lines, different throttle, different gun firing button etc. etc.

Think MkIX cockpit with a couple of things like the wobble pressure pump.

That seems like a good move to market a Vb version. It will differentiate the product from competing Mk.Is, and has perhaps the greatest variety of potential repaints of any variant.

August

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Can a list of changes from the Mk1 be listed..?
    After having read of the numerous possible options for 5b's it would help for an informed purchase.
    I realize its a WIP and subject to change.
    Just to add a couple more items to Bazaar's list there were the supremely fugly Vokes filter and the later much neater filter as fitted to 'Widge' Gleed's A/C(on the VC Trop),
    clipped wings on the VC, bomb racks and ferry tanks, one unfortunate South African Squadron stuck with a 4x20MM cannon variation (plus bomb racks!!!) and IIRC the first Seafires were converted Mk.V airframes (?)
    And of course, many and varied 'exported' Mk.Vs to a multitude of Allied Air Forces.

And a PS:Make the canopy fixed, add the small intake on the nose partway down below the exhausts (forgot which side) plus pointy wingtips and you have the HF.Mk.VI.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hey, Zsolt, good to see you've found your way in. Welcome ! You're gonna love it here !

Ho, a Mk Vb! Yes, bring it on!
    and although not that pretty, a version with the Vokes filter would be appreciated for the repaint possibilities...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That's what I've been waiting for. This will include a CW model as well, correct? Not that that would prevent me from buying it, but, I'm buying it as soon as it's out. One of my favorite Spits. Thanks for the previews. Ken

We will probably launch just the MkVB "B" wing and then look at wing alternatives and tropical filters in a later upgrade. The Spitfires will be our first foray into the MSFS market so we need to be sure they will perform. We have a lot of other projects on the boil to deliver to the sim.

I'll say that I wouldn't judge performance completely off the Spitfire release, since it'll be the second Spit on the market and, though there are lots of people like me on this forum that will appreciate the differences between the marks and who know AH quality and will snap it up, there are going to be a fair number of more casual fliers who react "I already have a Spitfire" due to FI hitting first with theirs.

So I'd think the P-51 (if you're first) or the DC-3 would be better indicators overall.

(I'd suggest releasing something you know others won't jump on, like the C-119, C-46, Helldiver, or Stringbag, but that would just be self-serving on my part. <grin>)

Well, we'll see. How many successful Spitfires were there for FSX or P3D? I can think of at least six. Cessnas and Pipers abound. And what is the count for Airbuses in development at the moment? We believe that people buy for a number of reasons. Flying experience is one of them. A Mk1A is a very different experience to a MkIX for example and a MkV is different again. Casual flyers tend to buy from curiosity too - they like to compare. We have long-time customers who have bought say, our B17 and A2A's B17, liking both for different reasons. We can only publish our product's features and specifications, as many videos and shots as we can and then let the market decide. That is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well, we'll see. How many successful Spitfires were there for FSX or P3D? I can think of at least six. Cessnas and Pipers abound. And what is the count for Airbuses in development at the moment? We believe that people buy for a number of reasons. Flying experience is one of them. A Mk1A is a very different experience to a MkIX for example and a MkV is different again. Casual flyers tend to buy from curiosity too - they like to compare. We have long-time customers who have bought say, our B17 and A2A's B17, liking both for different reasons. We can only publish our product's features and specifications, as many videos and shots as we can and then let the market decide. That is how it should be.
    Absolutely! And I'm super-psyched for your release. I've been a confirmed AH fan since I first downloaded your F3F for... Was that FS2002? And yeah, I have your B-17 and A2A's, so I resemble your remarks.

I wish you all the success with all your products because I want more of them, and for them to be successful enough that you can do a few more off-the-beaten-path planes down the road!

Well thanks for being such a great customer. The F3f has been one of our favourite products for years now. You never know... there's life in the old girl yet!

Another fan of your products here too. Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the new sim. Would LOVE to see the C-46 brought in for either Hump flying or Alaska/northern Canada excursions!

Well over the years we have produced over 60 titles. I'd like to bring most of them to MSFS but I don't think I would live long enough...

Bazaar,

Oh, pshaw! You can do it.

We expect you to release the Aeroplane Heaven F-100 Super Sabre, Sukhoi 100, Boeing 100 (F4B/P-12), Fokker 100, and Kodiak 100 as a five-plane celebration of your 100th birthday.

Wait, scratch that. I don't want to wait 30 years for a good F4B.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well over the years we have produced over 60 titles. I'd like to bring most of them to MSFS but I don't think I would live long enough...
    LOL, I was just going to post that I would love to see some of your older stuff brought up to speed. Oh well.

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0