Aircraft Interior/VC Issues after SU3

Thread: Aircraft Interior/VC Issues after SU3

Question Aircraft Interior/VC Issues after SU3

Hi folks,

I've been on MSFS since mid-December (after more than 10 years on FSX/FS9) and am really enjoying it. It perfectly suits my style of relaxing "sightseeing" flying, with some depth in systems and navigation. I almost always fly GA, low and slow.

After Sim Update 3, I'm experiencing an issue with several MSFS aircraft. I've not seen any other complaints about this in the usual places, so have no idea if it's due to the update or not. In any event, the issue is with the interiors/VCs of the C172 G1000, DA40NG, xCub, and the Bonanza. The other aircraft (I have the Premium Deluxe package) seem to be unaffected. I've attached some screenshots showing the 172 and DA40. The xCub and Bonanza look the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C172 G1000 Issue 1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	82019 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C172 G1000 Issue 2 from VC.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	82020 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA40NG Issue 1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	82021 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA40NG Issue 2 from VC.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	82022

Is anyone else here seeing these issues, either after SU3, or in the past? The update installed for me with no errors, and I emptied my community folder before the update. Further, I see the issue now, whether there's anything in the community folder or not.

Any ideas how to fix? Is it possible to delete the aircraft from the Content Manager and then reinstall?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Regards,
    Michael

The easiest way to reinstall them is to drag the entire aircraft folders (as in "asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000" and everything inside that) to the desktop. When you restart, the update routine will see them missing and re-download them.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

If you go to the Profile tab at the main menu, then select Content Manager, you can delete and redownload from there as well. Also double check that there are no other files that require updates while you are there.

Thanks Tom and AK416! The delete and reinstall worked perfectly. Really appreciate your help, guys!

I now believe the issue may have something to the "Add a Co-Pilot" mod on flightsim.to. I saw that some there who had been using that had similar problems. Not sure how it could have happened with the Community folder emptied, but who knows! We'll see if the repair sticks until the next update.

Regards,
    Michael

I'm not sure what kind of update this last one was as it seemed to break more things than improve. Feels like they were trying to reign in on some good freeware that has been introduced but who knows?

LouP

They have announced that the people at Working Title are now official partners, so I'm hoping for some major improvements in glass panels across the hangar.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0