No navaids in MSFS

Thread: No navaids in MSFS

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

No navaids in MSFS

When trying to plan a flight in MSFS2020 I cannot locate any VORs, NDBs, Intersections or Upper or Lower Jetways. To get these do I have to subscribe to Navigraph? Or is it something that hasn't been added as yet.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

No, they should all be there.

When you have the World Map view open, note that there are some options at the bottom of the map. One of these is "Open Filters". Click on that, or press the 'F' key to open the filter settings. There you can scroll down to the bottom and make sure that Navaids is turned on.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Since MSFS no longer remembers your preferences for the filter since the first update, if you want to change the defaults, you'll need to edit an xml file. Go to Packages\Official\OneStore(or steam)\fs-base\worldmap and find the worldmap.xml file there. The language is easy enough to suss out to find what you're looking for. Just change the OFF to ON. If you're using Notepad++, the switch for navaids is on line 234. Here's mine after the edit:

Edit: Don't forget to make a backup of the original...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails navaid edit.png  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks John and Tom. This 74 year old brain isn't functioning at its best at times. MSFS2020 is a steep learning curve.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 0