SCASM to MDL Bat file NEEDED!!!!

Thread: SCASM to MDL Bat file NEEDED!!!!

SCASM to MDL Bat file NEEDED!!!!

I am in desperate need of a copy of the bat file used to convert SCASM (extracted from a MDL file) and get it back into a MDL file. I am toying with adding reflective texturing to The B-24 Guy's overhauled MDLs for use in FS2004. I have the A6M2 Zero tweaked to display reflective textures, but there were issues with the blurred prop disk and the VC panel...not the panel itself but the non-visible "plate" that the gauges display on. I think I have those issues resolved in the SCASM file, but can not get the SCASM back into a working MDL. I had the Bat file I needed to do that, but lost it.

And yes, I prefer working with the BAT file as I don't have to remember all the switches and don't have to dig back through 15 years worth of Windows laziness to find which neuron my DOS command memories are stored on.

OBIO

This will convert to mdl from scasm. Filename has to be a6m2_zer.sca The last sequence in the batch will rename a6m2_zer.md2 to a6m2_zero.mdl....Providing you do not already have another file in folder with the same named mdl.

Thanks O for the bat file...will come in handy for CFS2 work....but I should have been a bit more clear....I need a BAT file that will take SCASM and put it into a FS2004 mdl file or FS2002 file (Mk8)...CFS2 MDLs do not support reflective textures.

OBIO

Oops! FS not CFS..I didn't read it right. Do not know the FS command sequence right of hand.

Nope! I am like Sergeant Schultz when it comes to this SCASM stuff.

I Know NOTHING!

I am serious....I have no clue what I am doing....learning by trial and error...and my errors are piling up and beginning to look like Mt. Everest.

OBIO

That's how I learned scasm..most of it anyway...trial and error for the most part....and lots of backups.

I think the sequence for the Batch is:

mdlc /m a6m2_zer.sca
    mdlc /l a6m2_zer.bgl
    mdlc /f a6m2_zer.mdk

for the MD8 file. My last try...got to after this.

Batch files aren't to hard to make. It's just getting them right.:d

Sorry OBIO, getting tired, scratch that last batch, this is the one. But it may not work either if the sequence is wrong. Oh well.

Members who have read this thread: 0