Fsdreamteam's Key West Intl. Airport

Thread: Fsdreamteam's Key West Intl. Airport

Fsdreamteam's Key West Intl. Airport

I just bought this on sale from their website for $6.49. It is well worth it! NC

https://youtu.be/hU_qAduCmWY

Thank you for the heads-up, NC! This will be a nice addition near to SkyDesigners' NAS Key West scenery (hopefully they play nice together).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you for the heads-up, NC! This will be a nice addition near to SkyDesigners' NAS Key West scenery (hopefully they play nice together).
    Yep, I bought it, hoping it will complement NAS Key West. According to the review, FSdreamteam's scenery does not extend further than the airport boundary.

Unfortunately that review is not accurate. I've just noticed that it adds a bunch of F-18s to NAS Key West, which get entangled with the static aircraft from the Skydesigners NAS Key West scenery, as well as extra hangars. I think by deleting every item with 'KNQX' in the title within the Layout.json file for the FSDreamTeam scenery will fix this. Going to give it a try and report back.

The FSDreamTeam Key West Intl. also adds Loggerhead Lighthouse and Fort Jefferson.

Unfortunately that review is not accurate. I've just noticed that it adds a bunch of F-18s to NAS Key West, which get entangled with the static aircraft from the Skydesigners NAS Key West scenery, as well as extra hangars. I think by deleting every item with 'KNQX' in the title within the Layout.json file for the FSDreamTeam scenery will fix this. Going to give it a try and report back.

The FSDreamTeam Key West Intl. also adds Loggerhead Lighthouse and Fort Jefferson.
    Oh my, that stinks. Worse case, I will simply deactivate one or the other for the time being..... Thanks for the info! NC

Thanks bought it - that's a nice price!

I saw someone did Marathon KMTH but it's kind of a generic vendor.... they're on the marketplace. I was hoping to see a better rendition of MTH.

eyw by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    Last edited by ryanbatc; March 11th, 2021 at 10:18.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Am trying this now

Re: Coexisting with NAS Key West scenery?
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »

You can try removing these two files:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-airport-keyw-keywest\scenery\FSDT_KEYW\scenery\Simultech-KNQX-data.bgl
    Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-airport-keyw-keywest\scenery\FSDT_KEYW\scenery\SIMULTECH-KNQX-EXCLUDE.BGL

Re: Coexisting with NAS Key West scenery?
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »

You can try removing these two files:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-airport-keyw-keywest\scenery\FSDT_KEYW\scenery\Simultech-KNQX-data.bgl
    Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-airport-keyw-keywest\scenery\FSDT_KEYW\scenery\SIMULTECH-KNQX-EXCLUDE.BGL

So just checked this and it works:

If you have both the FSDreamTeam Key West Intl. and SkyDesigners NAS Key West sceneries you will want to open the Layout.json file for the FSDreamTeam Key West Intl. scenery and do a search for every line that has 'KNQX'. Delete each section that has KNQX in it. This will remove all of the scenery changes/additions made to NAS Key West by the FSDreamTeam scenery. Be sure to backup the file first.

You can also just rename (or delete) these two files:

That was the suggestion I got from my post (the response to which was quoted above ) on their forum. I also renamed the F/A-18 object in their folder, for good measure. Both coexist just fine now.

The scenery is one of my favorites. Next best thing to having actual AI military flying around, hopefully that will happen before tooo long.

One of these things doesn't belong...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keywest2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	81996

Members who have read this thread: 0