Missing add-on airports with update 3

Thread: Missing add-on airports with update 3

Missing add-on airports with update 3

I had a few freeware add on airports in my community folder prior to update 3. I moved them out of the community folder for the update and just put them back, but they don't show up. Anyone else missing airports (or other scenery)? I'm wondering if is just me or if the update broke something.

- dcc
    - -

I had thought that my installation was already updated a yesterday. I tried to start FS2020 this morning though and it would just hang during start up.

I deleted my add-on plane from my community folder and then FS2020 started installing something on next start up????? I did buy the Seoul Korea Scenery from the MS store a couple days ago, so I don't know if that is what is installing or if it is the update.
    Major Spittle
    product of Anheuser Busch St. Louis Missouri

System Specs. Asus Prime Z590-A, 64GB DDR4 4000, RX 5700, i7 10700, MasterLiquid ML240R, Super Flower Platinum 850, Corsair Crystal 680X.

I think I may have solved it.

I tried a number of things including removing the community folder, re-starting the sim, exiting and restoring the community folder to no avail.

I began poking around other MSFS folders and came across one called 'SceneryIndexes.' I noticed many files with very recent timestamps and other with older timestamps. Searching through some of the dat files I found references to the two airports, even though they weren't installed anymore. On a whim I moved this folder out to the Desktop and started MSFS, hoping it would re-initialize these scenery indexes. Boot was slower than normal (which is pretty slow...) but that did the trick. After I reinstalled the add-on airports they re-appeared. Hopefully I didn't do any lasting damage

- dcc
    - -

Good sleuthing. And good info. Thanks David!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    I think I may have solved it.

I tried a number of things including removing the community folder, re-starting the sim, exiting and restoring the community folder to no avail.

I began poking around other MSFS folders and came across one called 'SceneryIndexes.' I noticed many files with very recent timestamps and other with older timestamps. Searching through some of the dat files I found references to the two airports, even though they weren't installed anymore. On a whim I moved this folder out to the Desktop and started MSFS, hoping it would re-initialize these scenery indexes. Boot was slower than normal (which is pretty slow...) but that did the trick. After I reinstalled the add-on airports they re-appeared. Hopefully I didn't do any lasting damage

- dcc
    Hi,

Do you mind telling where you found the scenery indexes? In a location similar to FSX/P3D?

EDIT: found it. The location is similar!

Thanks!

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; March 12th, 2021 at 12:26. Reason: found it
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU