V1.14.5.0 released

Thread: V1.14.5.0 released

SOH-CM-2023

V1.14.5.0 released

Outline of A/C against clouds fixed among many other changes.

RELEASE NOTES 1.14.5.0
    Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

NEW CONTENT
    FSX legacy liveries available on appropriate planes : Kenmore, Emerald Gold, Global Freightways, Orbit, Pacifica and World Travel
    Contrails are now displayed on the player’s aircraft (MP and AI are not supported yet)
    New customization menu in the World map to further adjust the aircraft to perfectly match specific real world aircraft. The changes only affects the next flight and they are not persistent.
    Empty CG position: We can now have a different empty CG position, just like real world aircraft that all may have slightly different empty balance.
    Wear: We can now increase the wear of the fuselage to get a slightly higher parasitic drag and simulate older aircraft.
    Control surface limits: We can now adjust the maximum angle limits for elevator, rudder and aileron control surfaces to simulate the slight difference that may exist between different real aircraft. Check Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) Information for real world aircraft control surface angle limit variation tolerance.
    PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
    Fixed various crashes across the title
    Fixed a specific crash while using the manual cache

NAVIGATION
    Latest AIRAC cycle has been integrated and is now available

PLANES
    AUTOPILOT / FMS:
    Corrected an issue which prevented the VS Wheel from working in FLC mode on the Cessna Citation Longitude
    Disabled the autopilot which was incorrectly set as available on the JMB VL-3
    Corrected an issue preventing the use of the VS Wheel to control the pitch on some planes
    Corrected an issue with the VS Knob not properly responding to commands on the Airbus A320neo
    Prevented the autopilot from being polluted by incorrect data when exiting slew mode
    VOR/ADF Feature implemented
    VOR/ADF – Airbus A320neo FMA Adaptability
    Fixed General Aviation planes displaying FMS instead of GPS
    G3000 – Fixed FlightPhase & NavSource display not showing properly
    Fix roll hold mode behaving like wing leveler
    Removing auto alignment of localizers with the runway when the heading given by the localizer and the heading of the runway are too different
    Add TRK/FPA features to Airbus A320neo
    Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental : LNAV and VNAV does no longer engage automatically when activating the Autopilot.

DISPLAYS:
    Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner – Enhanced HUD Projection
    Airliners – Speed Trend arrow is now more reactive and accurate
    Fixed some bearings indicated outside of the 0-360 range in Garmin instruments
    Fixed a bug in GNS430 and GNS530 where the cursor did no automatically jump to “Activate” in Direct-to page on validation of the entered ident when there is no ident duplicate
    Added airport ident and ILS runway name in GNS530 when tuning nav radio to a localizer
    Fixed flight director roll not working when autopilot is not activated
    Added wind display in G3X Touch in PFD or Splitted mode
    Added possibility to adjust brightness level in G3X Touch
    Added possibility to adjust brightness level in G3000
    Fixed issue in FLT files that lead to flight plan not being loaded in instruments
    Fixing the display of LDA approaches which were wrongly aligned to the runway at the end of their path

ENGINES:
    Fixed Beechcraft Baron G58 incorrectly having automixture enabled
    Corrected an issue causing the AutoStart sequence of the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental to activate the batteries later than expected
    Re-enabled the STARTERX SET keys which used to throw an error and toggle the starter. They now correctly set the starter to ON or OFF
    Corrected an issue causing the starter to affect the plane’s rpm excessively when the piston_power_scalar of the plane is >1
    Corrected an issue which would prevent the engine from ever shutting down while in unlimited fuel mode.
    Beechcraft Baron G58 engines adjustment
    Beechcraft Bonanza G36 engine idle RPM adjustment

COCKPIT INTERACTION:
    Corrected a number of minor XML errors
    Improved the behavior of knobs that repeatedly send an action to prevent it from sending multiple events at once
    Corrected the fact that the Avionics switch of the Pipistrel Virus SW121 was off when starting in cruise
    Enabled the THRT Knob on the ATC Panel of the Airbus A320neo
    Enabled the option to push the backup baro knob of the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental to set it in Standard Altitude mode
    Made the copilot’s HUD interactable on the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
    Enabled the clock’s buttons on the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
    JMB VL-3 Propeller Instrument Fix
    Fixed Mouse Events not handled correctly on Tactile Screens
    AS3X Touch – Removed com active ident display
    Cessna Citation CJ4 – Fixed default VT Speed
    Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner – Fixed ND interaction Model
    Fixed the “COM RECEIVE ALL” simvar always returning false on planes without a configured COM 3, leading to problems with some third party content
    Beechcraft King Air 350i – Baro knobs have been added

CONTROL SURFACE:
    Corrected Flaperon animation on Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner which was incorrect in the air.
    Corrected an issue preventing the autobrakes of the Airbus A320neo from enabling on the Fungal mission.
    Fixed Beechcraft Baron G58 inoperative rudder trim

LIGHTING:
    Corrected some emissive elements staying active when they should be off on the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner.
    Corrected some emissive elements staying active when they should be off on the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental.
    Corrected some emissive elements staying active when they should be off on the Airbus A320neo.

CHECKLIST:
    “Mixture: Lean for Altitude” checkpoint can now be auto completed without issues
    Added a Brake Release checkpoint to the Aviat Pitts Special S2S checklist
    The Checklist entry “Mixture : Rich below 3000 feet” is now correctly displayed as such instead of “300 feet”
    Engine should now start without struggle and auto completion of the “Starting procedure” on the Aviat Pitts Special S2S should now work
    Corrected issue on the Cessna 172 Skyhawk’s checklist which prevented the copilot from correctly executing the “Set Transponder to Alt” step
    Corrected Issue on piston planes checklists which prevent the steps relating to setting the right mixture from correctly executing
    Corrected issue on the Beechcraft Baron G58 which caused the copilot to not keep the starter active long enough to reach a combustion when auto-completing the checklist
    Corrected issue on the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental’s checklist which caused the step to activate all fuel pumps to not properly validate on some airports

MISC:
    External HUD – Fixed AP Ref speed/altitude not always displayed
    3rd View HUD – Fixed HSI not showing approach course if approach is armed
    3rd View HUD – Fixed Trim & Flaps display
    Fixed crash when using a plane with an incorrectly setup FuelSystem.
    Fuel pressure gauges should now display correct pressure level indications
    Fix crash when teleporting to approach
    Fixed external HUD not updating at correct framerate

VIRTUAL REALITY
    A ‘No binding’ icon is displayed when no control is assigned to a VR action
    If there are no controls assigned to the camera re-center, then the player cannot switch to VR and they are asked to assign a command to this action
    Players can now access to the controls menu directly from the VR Mode page
    HOTAS are now specified in the VR bindings (VR Mode page)
    VR is now functional when HDR is enabled
    The panel reset feature is now functional in VR
    A dark background is displayed when opening a menu in the cockpit
    When a toolbar menu is opaque, it will now hide properly menus that are positioned behind it
    Labels are now properly displayed in the VFR map
    Various fixes on the toolbar and the panels display
    The mouse cursor is now properly positioned in VR on the Cub Crafter X Cub instrument panel
    Cockpit handles should not teleport anymore when clicked and dragged
    It is now possible to switch the throttle to CutOff position in the Daher TBM 930
    The Flap control in the Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000 doesn’t return to fully retracted position when interacting with it with the mouse

ATC
    In case there is an ASOS/ATIS and Center/Departure/Approach agent on the same frequency in the same area, the ATIS/ASOS will not air its message if the player has been handed off to the Center/Departure/Approach agent to prevent the ATC flow from being stuck
    Add leading zero for runway numbers in ATC communications when necessary
    Fix ATC agent pronouncing letter by letter airports names during communication with the player
    Fix ATC agent attributing cruise altitude instead of proper approach altitude when the first waypoint of the approach do not hold altitude information

WEATHER
    Wind panel UI update for wind and gusts settings

WORLD MAP
    Properly set runway when setting approach in the World Map
    Changing behavior of Precision Marking field in Scenery Editor to allow for the marking to be displayed in case of short runways
    Displaying all waypoints from data on the World Map and changing zoom scores to compensate for the amount of new points
    Fixing behavior of World Map which was attributing closed runway over opened runway under certain conditions

WORLD
    Fix outline against clouds and object in game introduced in the previous update
    Lights should no longer be too dark under mountain shadow with low quality setting
    Taxi sign lights size has been tweaked

SDK/DEVMODE
    DOCUMENTATION:
    Revamped documentation website now live on https://docs.flightsimulator.com
    Added Sample for AirtportServices
    The left gauge in the MouseAircraft sample has been reworked to provide clearer information.

SCENERY EDITOR:
    Trimmed leading spaces in package title
    Fixed a bug that would not update the Scene list when adding an object while having no object selected
    Fixed an issue to avoid unwanted airport modification
    Fixed a crash when hiding all TaxiwayPoints of an Airport
    WEBASSEMBLY:
    Fixed GDI+ StringFormat conversion to NanoVG alignment
    Fixed potential vulnerabilities in the WASI layer
    Tweaked our system to avoid hampering module debugging with recurring exceptions.

SIMCONNECT:
    Load and Save Flight using the FlowFlightManager.

KNOWN ISSUES
    Throttle mapping reversed for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog
    Beechcraft King Air 350i does not change pitch with VS wheel when Autopilot is enabled
    in rare occasions, Aircraft screens might not initialize correctly upon loading a flight. Please restart the flight to fix the issue.
    The plane continually loses altitude causing it to crash after loading into the Attitudes & Instruments Training Flight
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I'm glad they fixed the HDR bug in VR.
    It doesn't mean that HDR is available in VR but at least I don't have to disable it on my monitor before flying anymore.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Working Title have released an update to their G3000 mod to add compatibility for this update.
    https://github.com/Working-Title-MSF...g/g3000-v0.4.2
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Not sure about everyone else but the update zapped my FBW A320 Neo stable version. I am sure some other addons got the same as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Not sure about everyone else but the update zapped my FBW A320 Neo stable version. I am sure some other addons got the same as well.
    Download the Dev version - that's already been updated to be compatible. I'm sure the Stable version will be released very shortly.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Blog Entries
    The new update dies almost before it finishes loading. I get a message from Microsoft Windows that the program has stopped working and will notify MS (yeah right a lot of good that will do) and I have to close it.

I can't figure out how to "Repair" or Reload.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

At least you have some sort of contact John, all I get is a black screen with 'Press Any Key To Continue'..................that was A$180:00 well spent!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    At least you have some sort of contact John, all I get is a black screen with 'Press Any Key To Continue'..................that was A$180:00 well spent!
    As a former USA president use to say, "I feel your pain." The only good thing about this update is that I haven't had time to do any flight sims. I have been building a screened porch that my soulmate wants. Too tired at the end of the day to even think of simming.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

I decided to go for a refund John.
    They'll get back to me..... "We will contact you within 72 hours".
    Now call me cynical but if I was owing them I'd get 24 hours or less.

Not giving up on the thing after building an MSFS system, so I'll look at Steam.
    Never had any problems with Steam and almost all my Race Sims are hosted by Steam.
    Worth a try.
    I can empathize with your 'yard work', Madame Wombat is away at the COVID front a lot and I get to look after 'the farm'.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I decided to go for a refund John.
    They'll get back to me..... "We will contact you within 72 hours".
    Now call me cynical but if I was owing them I'd get 24 hours or less.

Not giving up on the thing after building an MSFS system, so I'll look at Steam.
    Never had any problems with Steam and almost all my Race Sims are hosted by Steam.
    Worth a try.
    I can empathize with your 'yard work', Madame Wombat is away at the COVID front a lot and I get to look after 'the farm'.
    Just a little tip here.

Check the store is allowed out on the internet as well as the xbox services as well as that both are actually allowed to run in your services.msc .

SO this black with push a key to continue can be tracked down to the store NOT being allowed out to the internet through your 3rd party firewall. We had this exact issue. we luckily ( unluckily? ) have both steam/store versions installed for testing purposes, but the store version is the premium version whilst the steam version is the standard ( and even though the login is the same - no we arent allowed to crossgrade ).

- After a windows update it seems that the store was not hooking up correctly.
    - So what we did was fire up the store itself,
    - Found the process that was trying to get out and implicitly added it to the allowed processes - using a 3rd party firewall as I have trust issues . also added it to the euphemistically called windows firewall.
    - Then we logged out of the store and restarted the computer ,
    - then reopened the store first, logged in , then ran the game.

Turns out the push a key was hanging on the "checking for updates " and it was in a loop.

On a related note using steam version now anyway all the time as it allows for offline use, the store one just refuses to run and since youre in oz like us then you know how often the smoke signals that we rely on for our internet can be disrupted by rain , possums , and if a leaf suddenly lands on a transformer somewhere in the outback.

I haven't had this problem but I thought I'd mention the one I ran into a couple of days ago in case anyone else here duos.

I tried to start MSFS and I got a box popup asking me to insert the disk to play. Very odd as I have the MS store version so I don't have a disk.
    Tried several time to start it but the same thing. Tried restarting windows but still the same.

After a bit of Googling a suggestion I found said to search for Microsoft Flight Simulator in the Windows search box and right click it and choose run as administrator. That worked, no insert disk popup.
    I don't have to do this every time now, just that once so I'm able to go back to using my FSUIPC desktop shortcut as before.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks Mike.
    Certainly explains the problem in quite understandable detail and reinforces my dislike for the whole 'MS Store' shtick.
    I'll hang back until I get a reply but I reckon Steam will suit me.

And a PS: Refund received.
    I'll give Steam a run, nothing to lose.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Mike.
    Certainly explains the problem in quite understandable detail and reinforces my dislike for the whole 'MS Store' shtick.
    I'll hang back until I get a reply but I reckon Steam will suit me.

And a PS: Refund received.
    I'll give Steam a run, nothing to lose.
    Let us know how it works. I just installed Steam VR for the new VR headset. I have MSFS from the MS store. It still isn't working.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

jmig,

Some advice on maybe getting it running...

(1) Make sure your Windows 10 installation is up-to-date. Ditto video card drivers.

(2) Open the Settings app in Windows, go to Apps, and under "Apps & Features" find Flight Simulator

(3) Click the Microsoft Flight Simulator entry, and click "Advanced Options"

(4) Scroll down and try the "Repair" option. If that doesn't work, try the "Reset" option. And if THAT doesn't work, try the Uninstall option, reboot, and try a fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Let us know how it works. I just installed Steam VR for the new VR headset. I have MSFS from the MS store. It still isn't working.
    I certainly will John.
    The plan is to set it up on this 'FS' system, I assume it will need to go in the 'Steam Library' so I'll keep my other Steam 'stuff' on my other box.
    A 2TB SSD should be adequate for a start....

I certainly will John.
    The plan is to set it up on this 'FS' system, I assume it will need to go in the 'Steam Library' so I'll keep my other Steam 'stuff' on my other box.
    A 2TB SSD should be adequate for a start....
    Only the main executable has to go in the Steam Library. During setup, when it goes to download the roughly 100GB of other files, you have the option to change that directory to something else. I have no idea why so many people leave that value and subject themselves to having to find C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightDashboard_ 8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\ to get to the Community folder when they could instead store everything in, say F:\FlightSim\ instead.

It also helps prevent "path too long" errors with Community add-ons that have long names.

Anyone installing or reinstalling MSFS, do yourself a favor and at that first setup prompt before it downloads the main sim data, create an easy to find folder in the root of an SSD somewhere and point the sim to that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    jmig,

Some advice on maybe getting it running...

(1) Make sure your Windows 10 installation is up-to-date. Ditto video card drivers.

(2) Open the Settings app in Windows, go to Apps, and under "Apps & Features" find Flight Simulator

(3) Click the Microsoft Flight Simulator entry, and click "Advanced Options"

(4) Scroll down and try the "Repair" option. If that doesn't work, try the "Reset" option. And if THAT doesn't work, try the Uninstall option, reboot, and try a fresh install.
    Thank you Danny! I will try these tips today. I always wondered why there was no "Reset" with MSFS. I see they made it hard to find.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Blog Entries
    Thank you again Danny for you work around suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them worked for me. I have now re-downloaded MSFS three times, each taking the better part of a day.

I will wait until the next update to see if that fixes it. An update broke it, maybe an update will fix it.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

"On a related note using steam version now anyway all the time as it allows for offline use, the store one just refuses to run and since youre in oz like us then you know how often the smoke signals that we rely on for our internet can be disrupted by rain , possums , and if a leaf suddenly lands on a transformer somewhere in the outback."

Just as a matter of interest Mike, now that the Monsoon has blown away for a few days 70 MBS +/-loose change is not that bad given the National Bloody Nonsense that we're stuck with.

Downloaded with no drama, installed after a minor argument about which drive I wanted the main package on, poked around the UI, dragged out the so-called 'Manual' to try and sort out the clutter laughingly known as the UI.
    Time is 02:55 so I'm off before Madame Wombat appears and drags me away!

Bought from MS store Why hasn't it been updated?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Blog Entries
    Have you gone to the MS store and tried to update? Also, you may be able to manually update via the Content Manager.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Update has to be done via the store. What should happen is:

1 - The Store automatically updates the core, you launch the sim and download the rest, or...
    2 - You launch the sim and get redirected to the store for the core update, then back to the sim for the rest

Make sure you're signed into your Store account, reboot the box, come back to the Store and then click the "..." menu. Select Downloads and Updates, then Get Updates. That should get the core update so that you can then do the rest when you launch the sim.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Update has to be done via the store. What should happen is:

1 - The Store automatically updates the core, you launch the sim and download the rest, or...
    2 - You launch the sim and get redirected to the store for the core update, then back to the sim for the rest

Make sure you're signed into your Store account, reboot the box, come back to the Store and then click the "..." menu. Select Downloads and Updates, then Get Updates. That should get the core update so that you can then do the rest when you launch the sim.
    I am grateful for your help!
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 0