Using " DPED "

Thread: Using " DPED "

Using " DPED "

In these days I practise a lot with " DPED " Version 1.1 but I can't see the visual model of planes in ' Blue -Print ' screen .
    It is my fault ???

Cheers : fani

Nothing is wrong. The visual model part was made for FS98 era models and was never updated for things like FSDS2 and gMax models.

This makes thing a bit trial and error. If you are unsure of the aircraft's size/scale frome doing say a port from FS2002/FS2004 you can use the [LIGHTS] in the panel to map out the aircraft than transfer the numbers to DPED to layout hitboxes, guns .etc

/ Panel light set to use the muzzle flash
    [LIGHTS]
    panel=0.0, 0.33, 1.33, fx_mzlflsh_s
    / Lateral (m), vertical (m), longitudinal (m)
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Try an earlier version of DPED.
    I actually had two versions installed on my Development Computer because sometimes one worked better on some models than the other one did.

It is also possible that with a heavily SCASM'ed model, neither will be able to decipher the modified SCASM code.
    I am pretty sure that FSDS models can be viewed but not so sure on models later than that.

- Ivan.

I try with 2 version of DPED . One has a fix but without results .

There are 4 fixed square dots in blue print. Are there the position ( not movable ) of lights on visual model ??

The central point (0,0,0 ) is the C.G of visual model ?

The mesures (in metres) belong to the real aircraft ?

The fixed square dots should be Scrape Points loaded from the .air file. These are likely wrong as .air file Scrape Points are overrode by aircraft.cfg [contact_points].

Hitboxes, guns and hardpoints are in meters.

If you didn't build the aircraft trust nothing about it's size or scale. Use the LIGHTS setup I posted to visually check the model. If the model already has DP with guns you can use the guns to make sure the hitboxes are drawn right.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Fani,

The small dots might be hardpoints.

Regards,
    B24Guy

The 4 fixed square dots in blue print are the positions of Scrape Points . You can move them changing values in file Air (1005)

Blue print shows “Wireframe” only on 2 models on 20tested

Ivan, could you send me the earlier version of DPED ??

Thanks a lot.

I use one gun position to check the boxes and the "olhometro" (something like Eye Meter in portuguese) to get the right dimensions. After that, I submit the plane in Quick Combat to look for the messages I got when they shoot me.

Cheers

Pepe

Thanks Ivan .

I try with :

https://simviation.com/1/browse-CFS1-1-160

but is not working at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0