Blade slap sound

Thread: Blade slap sound

Blade slap sound

I installed the awesome mod for the S-64 that Scorch recently uploaded to the Warbirds library, and I made the changes for the inclusion of the "blade slap" sound, according to the readme text. But am not hearing a change. Any ideas? NC

The slap sound should only be audible above certain bank angles and/or at certain descent rates. If it operates like the FSX edition, a helo static on the ground or in level flight won't generate the blade slap.

Version 1 way back in 2012 operated under the following parameters (thanks to an old post at FSDeveloper):

1. Below 40 kts with high bank angles (slap-volume depending on bank angle)
    2. Descending between 110 / 45 kts (slap-volume depending on descend-rate)
    3. At speed > 125 kts with pitch to forward

Can you double check your installation paths and then try to listen with some heavy maneuvering as outlined above?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    The slap sound should only be audible above certain bank angles and/or at certain descent rates. If it operates like the FSX edition, a helo static on the ground or in level flight won't generate the blade slap.

Version 1 way back in 2012 operated under the following parameters (thanks to an old post at FSDeveloper):

1. Below 40 kts with high bank angles (slap-volume depending on bank angle)
    2. Descending between 110 / 45 kts (slap-volume depending on descend-rate)
    3. At speed > 125 kts with pitch to forward

Can you double check your installation paths and then try to listen with some heavy maneuvering as outlined above?
    This is correct. In the case of the Skycrane, the easiest way to hear it is pulling collective power back on a descent. That is how I noticed it was working when I was testing the 64-bit sound control gauge swap for it in P3Dv4.5, it's a fairly subtle change. But you'll likely hear it.

I demonstrate it in this early test video.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 0