Vultee P-66 Vanguard

Thread: Vultee P-66 Vanguard

P66_Vanguard Lost original Texture HD

I converted this texture to dxt1 format, to lighten the load a long time ago when computers and video cards weren't as fast as they are now.

If anyone has the original file of this texture please feel free to reply.

If we recover the original of this great texture, we could improve the quality.Because my file P-66 lost the quality of the original in the convertion to dxt1

I ask for help from the community

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-66.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	81950

Greetings Maxstuka. I've got that file, I think....

My version is [from included notes]; Vultee Vanguard for CFS2 by: William Dickens bismarck13@msn.com

Vultee P-66 Vanguard; The P-66, like the P-64, was initially built after purchase by another government. The Swedish government signed a contract on 6 February 1940 for 144 Model 48C's.
    By the time the first of the Vanguards was ready for delivery in September 1941, the US had an embargo in place and impounded the aircraft. The British initially took over the order, but
    the US diverted 129 aircraft to China instead. The remaining 15 aircraft were re-designated P-66's and used by the AAF as trainers.

Credits:
    The model is made by William Dickens
    The .dp and textures are by William Dickens
    The airfile is by Peperez
    The panel .bmp is by Phil Perrot (from the Alphasim Collection)
    The Panel by W. Dickens made with CfgEdit
    Engine, Pilot Figure: Dave Eckert

Is this it? I am more than happy to upload it if this is the version you seek. If it is please let me know and include instructions of how to complete the task. I'll have a crack at uploading anyway.

Graham.
    Last edited by arfyhun; March 8th, 2021 at 07:12. Reason: after thought

Maxstuka; Dunnit! First time I've uploaded a file since I helped out some years ago when a swathe of files needed to be swopped over from the old kit.

Hope this is the version you need and hope the file is useful to others if this is not the one you are after.

Regards, Graham.

Vultee P-66 Vanguard

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: The P-66, like the P-64, was initially built after purchase by another government. The Swedish government signed a contract on 6 February 1940 for 144 Model 48C's.
    By the time the first of the Vanguards was ready for delivery in September 1941, the US had an embargo in place and impounded the aircraft. The British initially took over the order, but
    the US diverted 129 aircraft to China instead. The remaining 15 aircraft were re-designated P-66's and used by the AAF as trainers.

Credits:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Vultee P-66 Vanguard
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by arfyhun View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: The P-66, like the P-64, was initially built after purchase by another government. The Swedish government signed a contract on 6 February 1940 for 144 Model 48C's.

Credits:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Vultee P-66 Vanguard
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Thank, but you need to check first the texture, I am searching the texture of the image that I posted.

Question Reply...

Good morning,

Did anyone check with Bismarck13 to make sure he was okay with this being uploaded?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Bismarck13 (William Dickens) always gives liberal permission in his read me files which is very gracious of him:

"Disclaimer: This model is freeware, I do not care who downloads or uploads it as long as it is free and the proper credits are given. If you use it to make money, well then that is a different story altogether . . . . just don't do it and there won't be any problems. You can fly it, paint it, alter it (it could be improved) anyway you want to as long as it remains free to all. This model has been tested on three different computers with no ill effects, but if something happens to your machine don't blame me. It has only been tested in CFS2 because that is the only flight sim I have. Someone else might be able to convert the model and if they would like to, I will send them my FSDS source for the aircraft in that event."
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Oops, sorry Rami. Forgot to check for restrictions.

I just found the file and not thinking uploaded it. I ckecked later and found I'd Dld it on the 26th. March 2007. Only now have I treble checked to find it was from Simviation, not Sim-outhouse! A case of seeing but not noticing...

Mea Culpa, gentlemen. An honest mistake.

Thank you Cptn. for pouring oil on my troubled waters!

Graham,

Members who have read this thread: 0